Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
FallDaze

Litha 2009

... Golden honey and moss, with honeysuckle, chamomile, parsley, white gardenia, frankincense, carnation, vervain, gum arabic, yarrow, and liquid copal.

In the bottle: I'm not sure what I'm smelling, except to say it's kind of a dark and herbal smell.

Wet on skin: Getting a bit more floral now, but still dark and herbal. It's almost like the other scents are a little hesitant to come out and play in the darkness.

Dried down: It gets a teeny bit sweeter as it dries down, and I can finally pick out the frankincense note in the darkness.

Throw: I'm getting the teensiest bit of dark floral scent while I type. My nose is still a little stuffed, though, and this bottle had an orifice reducer on it, so my normal testing dots were a little thicker than usual. This probably has a decent throw.

Verdict: ****? This one surprised me. I didn't get any of the sweetness and light I was expecting, but a rather dark, herbal scent instead. And normally, I do pretty well with the sweeter scents, so I don't know where the honey honeysuckle and gardenia went to hide. But I like it, for some reason. I'll keep it for now, although I don't think it's going to be one of my more used scents, and I might change my mind in the near future and decide to swap it instead. It's definitely a mysterious scent for me.

2009 version: In the bottle, honey and honeysuckle are the most prominent notes, with hints of darker herbals in the background. On my skin, the honey and floral notes get shoved aside in favor of the moss and herbals. However, these aren't bright, fresh herbs -- there's something murky, mossy, and almost mineralic about this blend as it dries down. There's still a hint of the honey and brighter florals in the background, but overall, this is much darker and earthier than I expected.