Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chai_girl

Cheshire Cat

Grapefruit, red currant, dark musk, Roman chamomile, delphinium, and lavender.

Cheshire Cat is one the first BPAL scents I tried, when I was on a quest for long-lasting perfumes with grapefruit notes. I've since learned citrus notes in perfume tend to be fleeting. This is no exception. Wet on the skin, it is rich with sweet citrus juice and light florals. There is a faint acidic bite. A juicy citrus-floral-herbal scent hangs around for maybe an hour, which makes it sound very mild and pale. However, the musk and a rich "red fruit" aspect prevent this from being a clean scent. After an hour, this perfume is gone. That's a shame, because it is a very nice scent, but I was not interested in short-lived perfumes when I tried this. I may have to buy another imp in the future to give it a try.

Edited by wordortwo

This is a fresh from the lab frimp!

The grapefruit is immediately apparent. I wasn't sure what delpinium is before searching, so I can't speak much on that. There is definitely a floral note present, however.

The red currant gives it just a bit of sweetness. The musk keeps it from smelling too much like a "cleaning" scent, if you know what I mean, though it probably could still fall into that category. It's a summer scent, I think.

I am mildly repulsed by anything lavender scented, unfortunately, so I do not see the need for me to purchase a big bottle of this guy.

A freebie in a decant circle, so I have no idea how old it is or what conditions it was originally kept under. I've held it in a dark, temperature controlled space to age since receiving it in late 2014.

In the imp: Lavender, chamomile, and currant.

Wet: A contrary, viscous scent! Chamomile sweetened by red currants and musky black tea, delphinium blossoms and a lavender-scented vanilla shortbread.

Dry: I wish I had notes about this pre-aging; it is lovely, and I'm curious to know how it wears when brand new! It settles to a lavender-musk laden black tea with mild throw. Short-lived but worth a purchase, and I absolutely will.

Stars: ★★★★½