Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Juushika

Recommend some scents that remind you of animals

I'm in search of BPAL perfumes which evoke animals. Not just because they contain musk or are named after an animal, but because they somehow invoke the feeling or fur or image or personality of an animal. Any animal—I prefer cats, and also tend towards large furry mammals, but I'm curious about everything.

So ... suggestions, anyone?

Mine are listed below.

The Lion: Fur, musk, and dry grasses; a strong, calm lion in his natural habitat.

Ivanushka (LE): Blond musk and velvet fur, brushed by forest leaves. A pale deer on the edge of the woods.

Fenris Wolf: A feral wolf, pretending domesticity; hot-blooded and warm-skinned beneath thick fur.

Satyr: Thick brown fur with a dense velvety undercoat; like cuddling against a protective beast.

Coyote: Dry grass and musk, a coyote on long plains.

Bastet: A cat lounging and stretching in golden sunlight.

Black Cat: The personality of a cat: aloof, independent, playful, sharply quirked, and difficult for others to understand.

Beth's ambergris accord smells like clean cat fur to me. :P There's a spot on the back of my cat's neck that's always a little musky, and it's exactly that scent. Antony smells like the pookins when she's just come in from playing in the garden.

Uruk reminds me of a cat sleeping in the afternoon sunshine. My cat is a tabby with black and light brown stripes, and when the sun hits her brown fur, it absolutely glows... that beautiful warm glow looks exactly the way Uruk smells to me. (It also smells pretty similar to Bastet, so even if you weren't looking for animal-feeling scents I'd still suggest it to you!)

I saw this thread and really wanted to recommend some favorites that sprang to mind immediately, but really ya'll have already covered it all! Ivanushka is my favorite =)

Wolf Moon might be a little animally, but really its just slushy snow with an animal name =) 04 anyway

I havent tried them, but I hear that Hunter Moon and Buck Moon are very animal.

You could say Schrodingers Cat embodies the multiple personality of cats

Dove's Heart really did have the calm, pretty, "feel" of a dove - it felt like that sound they make

Wolf's Heart didn't give me the animal feeling, just the name =(

Hetairae made me feel very slinky, catlike

Edited by CaudaPavonis

Beth's ambergris accord smells like clean cat fur to me.

I've only ever smelled ambergris in Masquerade, which isn't animal-anything at all for me, but now I'm even more interested in sniffing it out in other blends. ^_^

Ivanushka is my favorite too, CaudaPavonis. It's a very evocative musk.

I havent tried them, but I hear that Hunter Moon and Buck Moon are very animal.

The wine in Hunter Moon intimidates me, but I've always wanted to try both of these—the "outdoor animal musk" thing seems very much up my alley.

Dove's Heart sounds really interesting.

Thank you for the recs so far!

Hey, Juushika!

The first thing that I thought when I saw the title of this thread was OMG HALOES. When I first put it on I said "cat fur" aloud. I think I wrote that in the review I did for it, too. The softness of it really reminds me of cat fur.

I never would have thought to try Haloes without this recommendation—thank you! I'll put it on my list.

I also wanted to link to stick in a link for recommendations of scents which smell like fur, which I found in my wandering. Some of the recommendations are similar, but there are others as well, including:

Crow Moon

Brown Jenkins

Lycaon

The Rat King

and potentially Oborot

Just in case it's useful to other people like me who are looking for animal smells.

Edited by Juushika

This doesn't smell like fur, but Aeaea reminds me of zoo after the cages have been hosed down. It always reminds me of the cat house and the hoofstock areas of our zoo.

Enraged Bunny Musk really does remind me or evoke the image of the softest, white bunny - that's just the image that pops into my head when I use it :P

Just thought I'd bump this thread to ask my question instead of starting a new one! :)

Since I was a little girl, my favorite animal has been the red fox. They have the same color fur as my hair, they're smart, adaptable, and quick.. So beautiful. I'd like a scent that captures the essence du fox; something a little musky, rangy, cunning and sly. I ordered an imp of Coyote, so that might work, but are there any other eau de renard scents you can think of?

Thanks in advance!