Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Water-logged and rotting wood, fallen chestnuts, oak leaf, bog laurel, and Virginia creeper.

Wow - this isn't what I was expecting at all! When I first put it on I got a huge whiff of sweet tarts (very odd) then quickly went to a very bright slightly soap big throw perfume. Not like any swamp I've ever smelled in my life. Once I get past it not smelling soft and mucky like a swamp I kind of like it.

In imp: ugh, rotting wood indeed. My stomach is complaining here. It's kind of powdery-spicy to my nose, and there's a slight sweetness. I want to skip testing, but I'll give it a try.

Wet on skin: mostly the same, but...it's turning cleaner and brighter, when I can get past the initial "ugh, rotting wood" notes. The longer it stays on my skin, the cleaner it does get...until it's morphed into freshly washed sheets. O_O

Dry: yep, linens and soap. I'm impressed! All traces of the swampy, rotting wood are gone, and it's just a clean, nice, freshly-washed scent, faintly herbal.

Verdict: The drydown is definitely nice, but even if I was able to get past the rotten wood notes at the start, I'm not sure I like it as a perfume.

I just retested my original decant, and this is another one that has aged pretty well. My original notes say "swampy with leather and mild pumpkin" even though neither of those items are listed as notes. So I'm glad I retested. This is definitely aquatic, but I get no rotting scent. There's almost a mild sweet mint scent, and it's very green.