Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Hemp paper, frankincense, dried pomegranate juice, lavender, gum mastic, verbena, fennel, star anise, and Dittany of Crete.

:::LICWIGLUNGA:::

Licwiglunga is shamelessly sexy...
Licwiglunga slinks silkily from it's imprisonment and tickles the nose with a scarlet, thrumming delight...
This is the Scripture of Sfumato... Deliciously, decadently, deviously disorienting...
The pomegranate howls in this. The first drafts of Licwiglunga make the canines inch a bit from the gumline and left a sensation of being suddenly parched.
The Lavender and Verbena has the pulse thundering in the ears while the unholy matrimony of the Amber and Ambergris produce that pronounced, mythic sweetness that evokes a feeling of guilt for an unforgiveable pleasure.
On the skin, Licwiglunga snares the imagination, retiform, as the Fennel intermingles with Jasmine and induces head-over-heels frefalling into the preverbal era when night was filled with the wonders and monsters abandoned and forsaken for the harsh light and planar dimensions of rote and responsibilities.
Licwiglunga is the prettier version of all of us, traded in for a nod from the cool kids.
Licwiglunga is the very first soul-kiss.
It is the laughing yourself to tears by starlight.
It is the music that tears out a fist-sized void from the very center of your being and makes you almost ashamed to be human... It's nice to forget sometimes.
Licwiglunga is the thrill ride you wish would never end.
A super-sexy addition to anyone's collection.
Alive.
Unisex.
5 out of Futhamuckin' 5!

Lavender, fennel and star anise. I don't really get anything else. Quite medicinal. On me, this doesn't change from wet to dry in any way. It's an interesting scent to be sure, but it's not doing anything for me. I'm not the world's biggest fan of fennel, either. Disappointed!

Out here in the west, there's a plant called "tar weed" that blooms in the late summer, with little yellow daisy-shaped flowers that come about knee high. It's very sticky, and you can see a line on the legs of the cattle and horses that the sticky "tar" has made if there's a lot of it in the fields where they graze. When you drive through the countryside along these pastures, especially on a hot day, you can smell the tar weed and it's pretty distinctive. Here's a photo of it. You can see the little drops of sticky juice on the stems.

A lot of people don't like it, but I think it's interesting. What's this got to do with Licwiglunga? It's actually pretty similar in scent to tar weed, but slightly sweeter and more refined.

It's a sticky, resinous, woody herbal. The two main notes I get from this are lavender and star anise. Star anise is a seed pod and is much more dark and woody than fennel or leafy green anise, but similar in scent. I like this a lot. I personally think it's more masculine than feminine.

This is an odd scent. Mind you, I bought the decant during the first run decant circles, so it is quite aged.

Fresh, it smells like nothing. nothing at all. But as it warms up, I get dark and herbal with a little tartness down below. Hey... this isn't half bad.

As it warms up, the pomegranate (aha! so that's it!)and verbena brighten up the scent. It's still a dark herbal scent, but now it glows red from within. The throw is interesting. Tart fruit meets dark herbs & resins. This is gender neutral and would be lovely as a soap or an incense. If I didn't like it so much as a perfume, I'd put it in an oil warmer...