Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
copyshopclerk

Al Azif Soap (by Silk Road Trading Company)

Carnation, golden amber, cardamom, vanilla, and beeswax absolute.

This is just a review of the scent now - I'm going to be sharing this bar so I don't want to use it until I cut it, so I'll come back and edit this with a review of the soap itself (how moisturizing it is, etc) after I use them. I'm still in soap opening squee-ville!

On the first sniff this is a rich, beautiful sweetened carnation, which almost makes me think this is like Pink Moon 07 in soap form. Carnation is the prominent note, but the amber and vanilla lend a creamy sweetness to it that keep it from being too spicy in that characteristic carnation way. I can't really pick out cardamom in this - it's more of a creamy sweet floral than a spice scent, I'd say in the same family as Pink Moon 07, but with similarities to Hod and Morocco. I really, really like this scent and want it in more forms than soap!

Next up in the soap reviews is... L'Estate.

Has a golden orange, slightly marbled peach tan appearance. Solid color. Wrapped similarly to Primavera with a gloriously pretty 'summer girl' I suppose half-reclining, arching her back, surrounded by furls of orange, gold and a little royal blue material. She looks really happy. She probably got BPAL recently.

Cold, the soap... really smells like soap. Has a soft, creamy tone to it, a glowing resin note. It is definitely spicy, but not spicy in the husky dry spices or spiked baked goods spicy, but it's sultry, glowing warm. It's hard to describe the scent in terms of any one note that comes out over another. I'd have to say this is mostly a light, sweet amber. Maybe the spice is the carnation, but I don't grab the floral note per se as an independent note.

Wet, also great lather, also great meltingness, not huge lather. The spiciness is more apparent with use. I'd say the scent does not digress much and I would call it a spicy sweet skin scent. Glowing, but not WHAMfloral or WHAMber. It's pleasant, and does recall the glowiness of summer, my birthseason. The pretty girl on the soap wrapper is definitely apropos.

Edited by Lycanthrope

Sniff test: Sophisticated, timeless, feminine. The honey - delicate and sweet - is the main note here, surrounded on all sides by an airy profusion of pink summer flowers in full bloom. It reminds me fleetingly of my grandmother - impeccably clean and lady-like.

I'm not sure I'll be trying this one in the shower, as the scent seems a bit light and subtle for my soap preferences, but it really is lovely, and I look forward to smelling L'Estate in other forms.

Edited by suileach

Scent review only at this time, until I've tried it.

Just sniffing, it smells so much like Nina Ricci's L'Air du Temp. This is probably one of my favorite perfumes of all time as it was my Mom's when I was growing up, as well as my Grandmother's and my Aunt's. L'Estate is a bit warmer though, a bit softer. It's a lovely floral, and I will be so excited if I get to smell the perfume version of this as well.

This is a lovely soap. The fragrance is a bit light for my tastes, but it is a soft creamy amber scent, with just the tiniest bit of carnation and vanilla and beeswax. I'm a huge fan of the bpal soaps and how luxurious they feel on your body. Very creamy and decadent. I think I preferred the La Primavera soap, but this one is lovely as well, and more fitting for summer. Warmer and more glowing. Wonderful!