Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
dawndie

Worm Moon 2008

Since April is Black Phoenix's Month of Absurdity, we present a melding of Victorian Grotesquery and springtime fecundity: mold-crusted dirt, decomposing organic matter, coffin wood, drooping funeral flowers, congealed blood, gloomy lunar oils, cuckoo flower, and a gruesome burst of overripe red fruits.

In the Vial: Dirt, roses, dry wood, and something green and medicinal. It's no surprise that this reminds me of Zombi, but what is surprising is that I like Worm Moon better - I usually don't like sharp green notes, but it really works here. I know it's going to turn into single note rose on me in a few minutes, but I like this enough to give it a go anyway.

Wet: The wood note gets stronger and a little spicy. The blend smells extremely wet for a few seconds before drying out. Something midly sweet is starting to come out... and then it goes away. Ah, and here is where the rose starts to bully everything else out of the way.

Dry: A rose garden, or perhaps just potted roses. Primarily rose, but the soil is hanging on in the background. There's something perfumey about it, too - the lunar oils, perhaps.

An Hour Later: The same, but softer and smoother.

Overall: One of the nicer rose blends I've tried. I really like the dirt note, somehow more than I did in Zombi. Still, I wish rose notes didn't amp on me. Not sure if I want to keep this or not. Edited by imaginepageant

This is so much lighter and cleaner than I thought it would be-and it's amazing.

Bordering on an aquatic, this is a graveyard during spring thaw. I grew up on a flood plain, and this was what mid-March smelled with-fresh, clean, WET soil, early flowers, and fresh air. There's something sort of fizzy about this scent that makes it kind of playful. The longer it's on, the more the fruits and roses come out. The fizz wears off and the mud/dirt note recedes (which makes me sort of sad, I loved that note when it was forward) and I swear I start reading tobacco.

This is amazing all the way around. This is officially the second lunacy I've liked and that's actually worked on my skin.

I was gifted a bottle of this, and what a gift! This is my beloved graveyard dirt note with flowers. Zombi is one of my favorite scents and this is a non-rose floral version. I love this and will wear the hell out of it come Spring.