Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
tyro

Scents for artistic inspiration

Newbie here. I like to draw, but lately I've been fighting through a massive art block. Nothing I draw looks right! It's frustrating as hell.

So I was wondering if any of you veterans could give me suggestions on scents that would be good for inspiration. Something to break apart this block in my head.

Thanks!

Newbie here. I like to draw, but lately I've been fighting through a massive art block. Nothing I draw looks right! It's frustrating as hell.

So I was wondering if any of you veterans could give me suggestions on scents that would be good for inspiration. Something to break apart this block in my head.

Thanks!

You might take a look at the Twilight Alchemy Lab offerings. During dark times I've used Hand of Hermes and it seemed to help.

Good luck!

Welcome to the forum, Tyro! Hopefully, you won't be sorry you asked for suggestions :P Our more artistic members may have some good recommendations for you too, these are just some ideas to get you started.

There are lots of ways you can go... You can take a peek at The Salon (you'll find the reviews here) and see if there's a favorite work of art or artist represented there that might inspire you, or take a chance on an imp set (or two or three) so you can work your way thru a mini scent-museum and see what strikes you.

There are some other topics that touch on inspiration, too - one for writers and one for musicians and students of music; the thread about scents to help with studying and exams could also be helpful.

And if you haven't discovered Twilight Alchemy Lab yet, you'll find some helpful chatter here.

I'm having the exact same problem, I'm a watercolor painter and I haven't touched brush to paper in almost 5 months. It didn't even occur to me to look for scents to cure artist's block! Great idea, I'll be watching this thread.

Just a quick mod note - I added the word "artistic" to the title since I see we have at least one other artist who's joined tyro in the search since yesterday; I figured that will give people a little more info about the thread at a glance and help with future searches too.

It's too bad the Muses have been discontinued, in some of the other "creativity" threads people mentioned using those blends when feeling uninspired, and not always the obvious Muse for the medium in which they worked.

Just a quick mod note - I added the word "artistic" to the title since I see we have at least one other artist who's joined tyro in the search since yesterday; I figured that will give people a little more info about the thread at a glance and help with future searches too.

Oh, thanks! I should have thought of that.

And thanks to all of you who have responded! I have a couple of things in mind now, and I'll keep watching for more.

Sign in to follow this