Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
impadua@aol.com

Anything similar to Garden Botanika "Heart" fragrance?

This is a truly inspired thread!

I can't even compare any BPAL scents to any "Otherworld" fragrances, so I am going to try Your Noses...

OK

Garden Botanika "Heart".

What Bpal is an excellent substitute? It is extremely light and fresh, no powdery anything, has grapefruit in it, and I have tried all things Bpal that I imagined would be similar by the descriptions, but to no avail.

Help me!

This scent has always smelled like nothing else to me. I found it a little hard to find what notes it contains and what I did find is fairly vague. I found that the scent is "citrus, floral and cedar notes, deepened with a hint of warm musk". Whenever I smell this I get hints of floral and citrus and....kind of a plastic babydoll smell - but in a good way!

Does anyone who has smelled this fragrance before know of a BPAL that is similar?

Also, about 10 or so years ago Heart was part of a Garden Botanika line of scents called "Transparencies". There was another fragrance in the line that I really loved called "Soul". It was the yellow fragrance. Unfortunately it has been long discontinued but all I really remember is that it smelled very spring/summer. I saw someone on another page say that it is similar to Dior Dune, but I have never smelled that before. Dune is described as "oceanic, floral mixture of lily and broom top notes, wallflower and peony middle notes and amber and lichen base notes." If anyone remembers Soul or knows of something BPAL that might smell similar to it that would be great too!

Thanks! :P

Haven't sniffed it, but by the notes, what about Cordelia: The essence of faith, love and devotion: lilac, lemon, green tea, wisteria, osmanthus, white cedar, and Chinese musk.

Also, possibly Orpheus from the Salon: Pale musk, green mandarin, neroli, benzoin, citrus peel, blue lavender, narcissus, stephanotis, crushed green stems, willow branch and cedar.

Haven't sniffed it, but by the notes, what about Cordelia: The essence of faith, love and devotion: lilac, lemon, green tea, wisteria, osmanthus, white cedar, and Chinese musk.

Also, possibly Orpheus from the Salon: Pale musk, green mandarin, neroli, benzoin, citrus peel, blue lavender, narcissus, stephanotis, crushed green stems, willow branch and cedar.

Hmmm those sound really nice. I will look into them. Thanks!

On 1/6/2008 at 12:24 AM, DARKBEAUTY28 said:

This scent has always smelled like nothing else to me. I found it a little hard to find what notes it contains and what I did find is fairly vague. I found that the scent is "citrus, floral and cedar notes, deepened with a hint of warm musk". Whenever I smell this I get hints of floral and citrus and....kind of a plastic babydoll smell - but in a good way!

Does anyone who has smelled this fragrance before know of a BPAL that is similar?

Also, about 10 or so years ago Heart was part of a Garden Botanika line of scents called "Transparencies". There was another fragrance in the line that I really loved called "Soul". It was the yellow fragrance. Unfortunately it has been long discontinued but all I really remember is that it smelled very spring/summer. I saw someone on another page say that it is similar to Dior Dune, but I have never smelled that before. Dune is described as "oceanic, floral mixture of lily and broom top notes, wallflower and peony middle notes and amber and lichen base notes." If anyone remembers Soul or knows of something BPAL that might smell similar to it that would be great too!

Thanks! :P

So this thread was forever ago, but supposedly the fragrance notes for Soul are "Soul: A refreshing flash of light. This scent is fragrant with wild lilies, mountain violets, and a twist of mandarin orange."  Interesting that people say it smelled like Dune, because I love Dune and Soul is the only Transparency I purchased.   They both have Mandarin and Lily notes, I guess?  Dune is "Top notes are Brazilian Rosewood, Aldehydes, Mandarin Orange, Bergamot and Peony; middle notes are Lily, Ylang-Ylang, Wallflower, Jasmine and Rose; base notes are Amber, Sandalwood, Benzoin, Oakmoss, Vanilla, Patchouli and Musk."

(And Heart is still sold by Garden Botanika on Amazon.  It's their ONLY PRODUCT they still sell!  It's fragrance notes are "Powder-soft blend of gardenias, jasmine and roses blended with orange, cedar and cardamom and deepened with a hint of warm musk".)