Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
AEris

Recs for a BPAL like Yosh's 'Trompeur?'

I got a sample of this perfume oil, and it's intoxicating, but wickedly expensive. (Like, $300 for 8mLs!)

Is there a BPAL that compares?

The notes are:

Bay Rum, Massoia, Pavarti Sandalwood, Sheer Musk, Vanilla, Earth, Fig

It smells incredible. On me, it's an elegant vanilla sandalwood musk with a hint of the earth and a bit of coconutty sweetness from the fig. It's insane. Please tell me Beth has come up with something similar! :P

I also have heard that massoia can be a skin irritant, and can cause rashes and such. It doesn't happen to me, but I know it's happened to some. (Svadhinapatika had massoia in it, and people were complaining about being allergic. Also, July '07's 13 and Black Moon '06 had massoia in it.)

Have you tried Eden?

At the center of the Garden of Eden stands the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Though modern interpretations of the Bible claim that it was an apple that the Serpent of the Tree offered to Eve, it is widely believed that the true Fruit of True Knowledge was, in fact, a fig. This oil contains the innocence of the Garden, coupled with the Truth and Erudition found in the fruit of the Tree of Evil: fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and sandalwood.

I got a sample of this perfume oil, and it's intoxicating, but wickedly expensive. (Like, $300 for 8mLs!)

Not to derail your thread, but LuckyScent has that fragrance for like 125 bucks for 7 ML. (Granted, still expensive, but in case you didn't know...)

Well, that sounds a bit like my favourite BPAL combination, which is Perversion + Death Cap. Death Cap is a soft vanilla-y dirt smell, perfect for adding a little bit of earth to sweet scents. It's really nice with Nemesis too, and I can see it being the best way to add dirt and vanilla to Eden.

Wow you guys are all awesome, thanks for all the helpful suggestions!

I can't wait to try them all! :P

Sign in to follow this