Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
naeelah

Snow White Soap (by Silk Road Trading Company)

A chilly, bright scent: flurries of virgin snow, crisp winter wind and the faintest breath of night-blooming flowers.

Water, saponified free-trade palm kernal oil, coconut oil, soy oil, shea butter, jojoba oil, castor oil, and Snow White fragrance.

Wow, my first first review post! :P

Snow White is the first of the Yule soaps that I've used. I've never actually smelled the fragrance, so I can't comment on how it compares.

The bar is milky white with a pale beige marbled swirl. The scent is very light, but not faint. It's about equal amounts of light, breathy flowers and frost. The frost has a cool quality that's hard to describe. It's not quite ozone, and it's definitely not mint. It's just... cold! There seems to be a very, very faint sweetness, like a light dusting of powdered sugar.

Light florals sometimes give me headaches, but this doesn't bother me at all.

In the shower, the scent doesn't seem to get stronger (the steam tends to carry the scent). But I was congested while using it, so I probably couldn't smell it as clearly as people with non-evil sinuses will. It didn't leave any noticeable scent on my skin after drying off, but the bathroom did seem to have a light fragrance. This is a beautiful soap scent, because it's so light and clean.

As for the soap itself, it's the same as the other new formula soaps. The texture is comparatively hard, and the lather is a little thin. It lacks the creamy feeling that the clay containing soaps have. My skin was very happy and moist after showering, so as usual, kudos Macha! Edited by Shollin

I am so glad I bought two bars of this soap!

It smelled just like my bottle/s of Snow White '05 and '07, when I unwrapped the package. I liked that the actual bar was wrapped in plastic to seal it before putting it in the beautiful paper. Great idea!!

The lather was a bit thin, but that was okay, I probably should have used my bath pouf to lather up but I couldn't resist holding the nice thick bar in my hands.

It left my skin nice and moisturized, and not tight at all, and my skin is lightly scented.

The fragrance is a BIT different in the shower, but I assume that it is just the Snow White fragrance mixed with the fragrance of the other soap ingredients.

It did not smell much different than what Snow White is supposed to, just slightly altered.

Anyhow I wish I had more than two bars! I'll have to check the trading post to see if there are anymore left!

Thank you for making such a wonderful soap! I really couldn't have imagined Snow White in a soap, it just seemed too wonderful to be true!

The soap is just as perfect as the oil. The scent is definitely there, it's just light because it's that kind of fragrance. Snow White is etheral, not an in-your-face kind of scent.

I find it very true to the oil, though I've only used it on my hands so far. I didn't notice how much it lathered, I was so enthralled with the silky feeling of the lather on my hands.

I'm just afraid 2 bars may not be enough. I should buy more.

Maybe it would help if I knew what Snow White smelled like because this soap just smells like a very neutral soap to me.

I'm one of those people who got "plastic air" from Snow White, the oil, so it was neat to try it in soap form to see if it smelled any different. It does, and I like it...it's light and wintry and sort of coconutty at the same time, very pleasant and reminds me of Lush Snowcake. I'm unfortunately not a soap user though and this is a good example of why. It dries my skin like crazy and makes me very itchy. This is a nice thick slab of soap, though, and if I *were* into soap I'd definitely try some from BPTP.

I've been hoarding my bars of Snow White, and finally decided to crack one open. I am ever so glad I did. The scent of Snow White is very true in this: fluffy clouds of coconut cotton candy - nom nom nom! While very distinctively Snow White in the shower, the scent did not linger on my skin, which is nice, as there is no interference with whatever oil I might want to put on afterwards. I found that this lathered amazingly too - probably more lather than any of the other BPTP soaps I've tried.

I really hope they bring this one back this Yule, as I need to stock up on more. :P

I was gifted a bar of Snow White soap by a lovely forumite! :joy:

So this bar has been aging since around December 2007 I guess, since it was a Yule release from that year. Although the soap was still wrapped in its plastic cover inside the beautiful outer paper, I could smell the Snow White fragrance straight away - it's *exactly* the same as the oil.

My first thought was to keep this and never use it, because the wrapping is so pretty, but then I thought I should get over that and just use it. So I did!

I'm surprised earlier reviewers mentioned a thin lather - I actually got loads of lather from mine, way more than I expected.. which is a good thing, a little of this goes a long way. It's beautifully soft and creamy, and washes off the skin easily. And the fragrance.. well, if you love Snow White then you're going to love this! The smell from the soap stayed on my skin post-shower.. the only potential problem with this could be that it would be kinda wrong to then wear any BPAL other than Snow White.. but that's not a problem as far as I'm concerned :smile:

A truly beautiful soap, creamy and silky soft, and a beautiful fragrance. I hope this one makes a reappearance with the new BPTP soaps this year!!

I wish I was around when this was being sold. A lovely forumite gave me a sample a while ago and it smelled so good. I was a little hesitant to use it because I didn't want to be without it, but using it was actually more fun. Pure heavenly Snow White goodness! Hopefully there'll be a Snow White soap again in the near future.