Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Blackened, rotted oak wood blanketed in moss and choked by a cloak of grasping ivy.

I have a bottle of the 2007 blend. In the bottle it just smells like dark ivy...very green and alive. On the skin it gains a smoked wood smell from skin heat and it dries to a dead greenery scent like plants in the beginning of cold weather. I like it a lot since I don't have anything else like it.

2007:

Damp earth. Pleasant. Makes me think of walking outside after it rains. A little bit sweet, which I was not expecting, but that might actually be the sweet/slightly off scent of rot. Immediately on my skin comes a piercing “blackened” note. Dark. Then some heavy greenery follows. Wow, this got strong all of a sudden! The scent in the decant was a surprising win, but I’m just not of a fan of it on me.

Not sure what year my Twisted Oak Tree decant is.  I like it a lot.  It has the cologney feel of the dead leaves note with wood and ivy.  Very outdoors in the fall.  It's not aquatic on me, nor am I getting any appreciable moss, and over its wear length, which is a good eight hours or so, it softens and sweetens as forest scents tend to do on my skin.