Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ariosa

Oranges, Satsumas, Tangerines & Mandarins

Adding Terra Vigoris to this list: blood orange and apricot with Chinese geranium, Italian bergamot, langsat pulp, cardamom, white peach, and white sandalwood. It's very orangey on me.

Bumpity bump bump.

In addition to the lovely Terra Vigoris I noted above last year, I'd add:

Père Noël - Bright Sicilian oranges and sweet tangerines with a clink of lavender candy and a drop of anise.

Fire Monkey - A new year’s blessing! Peony, China’s national flower, with bamboo for flexibility, orchid for luxury and elegance, pomelo for luck, plum blossom for perseverance, courage, and hope, tangerine for wealth, lychee for household peace, pine resin for constancy, golden kumquat for prosperity, pussy willow for growth, King mandarin for good fortune, cypress for longevity, and peach fruit to represent the fourth phase of Wu Xing. This year’s Lunar New Year blend also has an extra dollop of wild orange and flaming red dragon’s blood give you fortitude and strength, and, of course, to assist in scaring away the rampaging Nian.

We've really been blessed with some awesome tangerine scents recently!

Don't think anyone's mentioned Geisha in Orange Kimono yet (King mandarin, tuberose, white sandalwood, white moss, yerba mate, tangerine and styrax). It's one of my favorite orange blends from BPAL, and the tuberose is surprisingly not overwhelming (as many florals become on me). Refreshing yet elegant. The mate/sandalwood combo really makes it feel airy and refined.

If we're including atmosphere spray, Geisha and Samurai is very much blood orange dominant.

If we're including atmosphere spray, Geisha and Samurai is very much blood orange dominant.

I think that one is a hair gloss, but yes, agreed! It's lovely.

Secrets of the Hamachi is a lovely tangerine atmo. Geisha and Samurai is a hair gloss! with prominent blood orange. I love both of these.

I love goat weed leafing for orange blossom and I've added Geisha and Samurai to my regular morning hair routine. I usually always go to white tea and sage, because of the freshness and work appropriateness, bit now I'm super into Geisha and Samurai. The Amber and brood orange are somehow a bit oceanic and woodsy at the same time, plus they mix really well with https://www.cedarcide.com/product/cedarcide-original-biting-insect-spray/ (natural insect repellant spray, 'cos social work) I also have to shout out for Ava again because the satsuma is really starting to come out now, blending with vanilla musk like the moment you peel a tangerine to reveal the white parts without any bitterness of pith or baby diaper smell I associate with navel orange peels.

Mod Note: Posts have been split. Please talk about oranges, satsumas, tangerine, and mandarin in this topic—and orange blossom and neroli over here. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this