Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
AuntieMaim

That Pirates of the Caribbean smell (The Disney Ride)

Is there a scent that reminds you of going on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland? I absolutely LOVE the way that ride smells. Kind of a damp, musty wood smell, with a whiff of something slightly sweet, almost like pipe tobacco and... chlorinated water. And maybe a little gunpowder. It might not sound too great, but god, it's heavenly.

Any suggestions?

Oh my god. I know exactly of the smell you are referring to, and if I could smell like that (or make my entire house smell like it) I would be a damn happy person.

*ponders*

It is funny how certain rides have such a distinct smell. I know the smell you talk about and love it as well. That has to be one of my top favorite Dis rides.

The Land smells like fresh baked bread because they pipe the smell out of the restaurant into the ride. It has made me crazy a number of times in my life. Then there is this smell of fire in the Spaceship Earth ride. Of course for one to smell like the Bakery in France would be good too. :P

Hmmm, I'm not completely sure, but maybe Port Royal or Jolly Roger? Those would probably be good to start with. If those don't work out, maybe if you tried layering a couple? Hurricane with Kumari Kandam, that sort of thing? Good luck, and let us know if you find anything that works! :P

Odd as this sounds, Black Rose layered with Bayou smells *exactly* like the inside of the Pirates ride at Disneyland, on me, anyways!

I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tip.

Hmmm, I'm not completely sure, but maybe Port Royal or Jolly Roger? Those would probably be good to start with. If those don't work out, maybe if you tried layering a couple? Hurricane with Kumari Kandam, that sort of thing? Good luck, and let us know if you find anything that works! :P

Port Royal is wonderful, but not quite what I'm looking for. Maybe if I layer it with something.

Thanks!

I haven't found the right combination of scents yet, but oh gods I love the way that ride smells. I was eight years old when I went to Disneyland for the first time. Not only was that my favorite ride, but I kept talking about how it smelled. :P

I have not had the pleasure of Walt's original Pirates of the Caribbean but I'm well familiar with the one in Walt Disney World. Oddly enough, Bonfire night has a smell that is reminiscent of PotC.

Disney has the best smells ever. :P

I tried Kill-Devil today and it really gave me the PotC vibe. There was even the musty water ride seat (in the best way possible) after-smell. Give it a try.

Sign in to follow this