Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Eemia

Bordello Soap (by Silk Road Trading Company)

A decadent, deep perfume, lusty and luxuriant. The scent evokes images of velvet-lined Old West cathouses, tightly laced corsets, rustling petticoats and coquettish snarls of pleasure. Bawdy plum with amaretto, burgundy wine and black currant.
Water, Saponified Organic Palm Kernal Oil, Coconut Oil, Soy Oil, Fair Trade Organic Shea Oil, Sodium Lactate, Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, Pink Rose Clay, and Bordello.

First off, this is a very pretty soap. It's milky colored with a slight pink tint and little red flecks. I left it out in my soap dish because it looked nice in my bathroom. Very old-fashioned and kind of genteel.

I had tried an imp of Bordello a few months ago and I wasn't crazy about it...but I love the smell of the soap. Seriously, I am hooked. It smells much more soft, with a creamier version of the amaretto than the actual oil. It is more of a vanilla/almond, with the brightness of the plum and wines in the background. Almost foody, but still beautifully sexy. It feels very feminine.

Despite the rose clay, this doesn't dry me out at all, or feel like it is stripping away moisture. It has a nice sudsy lather, and rinses completely clean. I thought it has a softer texture than some of the Trading Post's other soaps, such as Perversion or Snake Oil (which I am also crazy about, but in a different way). So this is now my soap of choice for the days when I am in need of some extra femininity, and some girly pampering.

Bordello smells cinnamonny to me, with perfume wafting somewhere in the back. It's a little rough around the edges, too. It's not the sort of scent I usually go for in a perfume, but as a soap it's spectacular. I've been feeling gritty and grimy (that time o' the month), and Bordello is just so perfect for helping me feel better. It's a dirty place but yet feminine and sassy. I feel like Bordello is the perfect soap experience for me. It makes my crankies settle down a bit.

i got this from a sample circle. i love the bordello perfume so i was excited to try the soap. it's very nice and smooth with a great lather, like all the bpal soaps. it smells like bordello but is more subtle somehow, to my nose. maybe the vanillas and wines are stronger than the fruits in this, i'm not sure. it's lovely and i think i will have to buy a whole bar.

This was my first experience of Bordello and of the BPTP soaps. Scent( very nice, but I wish it lingered more on my skin post-shower. Also, I would like more latheriness. Must try again.