Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
willowtreeling

Quince Candle from Henri Bendel

I bought the Henri Bendel Quince candle on sale the other day--I guess it is going to be discontinued--but it is to die for! I love it. I was wondering if anyone knew any scent, bpal or elsewhere, that smells remotely like this? I have no idea if it really smells like quince, so hopefully some of you have already smelled this....

They have diffusers left at BBW, so I think I am going to have to buy some!

The candle is still available at CO Bigelow's website: here, although I'm not sure how the price compares to what you got it on sale for. The scent description is

this vivacious fragrance includes hints of sultry peach, rich floral tones and luminous sandalwood notes

Bigelow themselves make a quince-scented hand lotion but I don't know about specific scent similarities between it and the candle or the candle and other scents. The Lab has a few blends with peach and sandalwood notes:

Silence: White sandalwood, iris, blue musk, lotus root, moonflower, plum blossom, green tea, white mint and white peach

Cupid Complaining To Venus: Apple blossom, fig, white peach, honey absolute, red sandalwood, and wild thyme

The Cup Of Death: Peach blossom and peach tree leaf, Mysore sandalwood, French lavender, bois du rose, myrtle, and blue yarrow

Tamora: Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean

Edited by heysunshine

I just ordered one of the candles on ebay...:P but it's nice to know that it is still on the bigelow site--the candles aren't on the BBW site anymore...I have tried the quince lotion--it's a great handcream but smells more citrus-y as I remember...

I have smelled Cupid, and it is lush but not anything like the candle....I already have Tamora on my wish list, so I will add the others to my list, too!

I don't really smell peach or sandalwood in the candle--I can't explain what it smells like, although I wish I could. it is sooooooo yummy...like what the inside of a pink and gold sunset cloud would smell like in a fairytale....

Sign in to follow this