Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ah Xia

Kelly Pool

Worsted wool, teakwood, and bois du rose.

My goodness. This is a high pitched rose --- screaming violet and roses in the background. And somewhat powdery.

It makes me think actually of a shrill female.

Pass.

Light yellow oil. Surprisingly sweet in a way I can't pinpoint, powdery-floral, and a little sour. I think there is the same rose note from The Empress and The Miller's Daughter - one I dislike. Not all that woody and I wouldn't have known there was wool in this.

Surprisingly rich, and I think that element and the sweetness must come from the teak - reminds me of the teak note in Glowing Vulva. I do now a get bit of a 'lineny' note but it honestly does smell sort of like worsted wool, like thick, slightly rough, a little dank fabric. Still a hint of sour rose and powdery rosewood.

Not much morphing, perhaps a little amping of the rose and rosewood, while the teak fades and the wooly note holds. It's not bad, but smells 'old ladyish' to me.

This really just becomes more and more feminine, more and more elderly and almost 'frail' feeling. Definitely more powdery. I get the sense of sorting through a grandmother's old clothing in the attic, with remnants of her scent and her rose talcum powder wafting through the air. Interesting, but not something I would ever wear. Moderate throw and good longevity.

In the bottle: light woods, floral soap, a little medicinal on the edge

Wet: light woods and floral soap. It smells a bit like I might imagine a classic, turn-of-the-previous-century wood paneled powder room.

Dry: An elderly, elegant lady's powder room. Wood, light rose, an almost creamy undertone.

This isn't at all what I expected, but it's very light and elegant. Kind of turns powdery on the further drydown; still not unpleasant, but very bland.

This is just gorgeous! :thud:

Soft rose with creamy teak and a hint of wool. the whole scent doesn't morph much but the teak amps a little when it dries down which I don't mind cause I lubz teak!

Overall a very comforting blend of snuggly wool, teak and warm rosewood.

I’m adding joy to my days of social isolation by reviewing my hoard of oils...

this is day 6: Kelly Pool

Starts off very old fashioned and soft, almost powdery... 

Like the smell of a dusty and old wooden box with velvet lining used to hold a soft rose incense...

The rose blooms a bit more in the middle but it doesn’t morph much more than this.

I absolutely love it. It’s soft, comforting and romantic. Gorgeous.