Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
summer

Scents to Complement Gemstones

Over on the "Suggestions" forum, some of us have been discussing how cool it would be to have oils that capture the "essence" or "vibration" of various gemstones. However, Pauline suggested that, in the meantime, it would be interesting to to coordinate existing fragrances with whatever gemstones we're using/wearing.

I love this idea, but I'm afraid I'm not sufficiently well-versed in Beth's scent library to know which oils most accurately match up with which gemstones.

The gemstones I use most are: Carnelian, Chalcedony (blue), Amethyst, Citrine, and Diamond. (Occassionally Peridot and Rose Quartz as well).

Does anyone have any reccomendations for oils that complement or match up with the "energies" of these (or other) stones?

:P

Ok, Disclaimer is that I have not tried many of these oils, I'm just going with their description from the website.

Garnet corresponds with Swallow's Blood - "this formula is used to attract good fortune, peace of mind, safety and speed to travelers." which is very close to the stone's reported properties of attracting luck and safety to travellers.

Rose quartz is supposed to be the "stone of the heart" and to mend broken hearts and that corresponds to Dove's Heart - "a gentle, healing love blend, often used to help mend a broker heart. Brings peace of mind, soothes the sting of loss, and aids in finding closure".

Citrines - a yellow stone that I identify with courage and strengh and light. Corresponds with Aureus "True, perfect golden light, refined into a incomparably glorious scent."

Diamond - Glitter "all flash and glam: White wine, heliotrope, d'Anjour pear, and lotus" I had in mind a "sparkling" scent - very clean, but effervanscent.

Amethyst - a stone for claiming and cooling of the head - Pain which has lavendar (for the calming) and pennyroyal (which smells like mint for the coolness).

Peridot - supposedly helps with psychic visions and/or intuition which I hear sage is good for... so anything with sage in it? I think one of the new scents might be for this too... Checked on the site: Blue moon. Has scents to increase divination through dreams, to increase psychic powers and for wisdom. Sadly a limited edition.

That's all for now. I'll be reviewing the list more later. Just somet hings I thought of since the gemstones thread. (Of course I'd respond to this one too!lol)

Edited by Pauline

For a sapphire, or other blue stone .. Danube, if I recall .. was rather 'blue' to me. In fact, it's been the only really 'blue' scent I've worn. Oh wait .. Shattered. Yes .. Shattered is blue to me too. Cool, luscious blue. And Szepasszony too. Wow. Lot of recent blue scents!

Citrines and other orangey stones .. I didn't find Aureus very golden .. but Tigerlily was. Queen of Sheba might also be golden, I've not worn it enough for that.

Diamond .. Titiana. She's light and bright and airy. Tushnamatay reminds me of white linens.

Sign in to follow this