Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heretic

Arachnina, The Spider Girl (2006)

A swirling, hypnotic perfume of black currant, poppy, red and black musk, lilies, nicotiana, and patchouli.

In the imp: Heavy, heady, very sharp and musky with a hint of floral.

Wet: Very much musk and patchouli with a subtle floral scent lingering in the background.

Dry: Other reviewers have mentioned that this has a perfume vibe to it. On me it smells very similar to Dior Poison but maybe a little more fruity. On further dry down it turns a bit powdery and the floral elements come out to play more. I'm glad I only put a little on as I think slathering this would end up rather headache inducing!

It's quite pleasant in a strange way but is maybe a bit too floral/perfume based for my liking....off to the swap pile.

Florals and musk, very perfumey. I expected this to be darker and heavier, but instead, it's very high-pitched. I'd be willing to bet some aging would do Arachnina good, but I don't know that I'm willing to wait it out.

Wow this smells better than I expected and I expected it to be great since it contains poppy and red musk, two of my favorite notes. It really is rather hypnotic! It actually reminds me of Belle Epoque (must be the lily and opium/poppy!), but way sexier and more mysterious. I don't specifically smell the patchouli, but I suspect it's helping to ground it and keep it from becoming too sweet. I'm so glad I swapped for an aged bottle of this! :wub2:

Edited by taoeizzm

Mmm. This reminds me of Lust. I have a bottle from 2008, from the beginning of collecting. It smells warm, woody/musky, very nice for winter.

I probably won't do this review any justice but Arachnina is really well blended floral with spicy undertones. Must be the patch?

It reminds me of a less perfumy Blood Popsicle, the drydown is similar on me. I have added another floral I can wear to my list: poppy!

I can't wait til Carnival comes back but my decant will have to do for now!

I have pretty high hopes for this, as I love all of these notes.

Wet: Hmm, something woody? Oh the patch, I guess. Then the tobacco flower takes over. I do tend to amp it, but I thought the other strong notes (like the musk, at least) would come through. Not so much.

Dry: The patch amps up to, and it becomes a patchouli/nicotiana combo that's really interesting. There's a hint of fruity sweetness from the currant. It's ok, but not amazing on me. I can't complain though, the Carnaval has so many scents that ARE amazing on me!