Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
allelsefails

Question from a newbie!

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been pouring over all the wonderful reviews for these oils and have finally chosen a nice set of samples to order. But one question.... I've read the FAQ and for some reason I'm still a bit confused about using a money order. Am I supposed to place my order online and then send off the money order? Or just send a copy of my order along with the payment? Sorry for such a silly question! Thank you!

no,you don't have to place your order online...just write down what you want to order,and snail-mail it with your m.o. to the Lab's address,which i think is in the faq.

hope this helps!

Ok....couldn't find an answer to my question anywhere here, BUT I have been into BPAL for 5 months now and learned that they put out, yearly, the Halloweenies and the Yules...also the Lunacies (spelling?) every full moon, my question is, are there other LE's released during the year, like, for example, Valentine's Day? Or are others just kind of random? I would like to know so I could be prepared for anything upcoming!! Thanks for any answers on this!!! :wub2:

Ok....couldn't find an answer to my question anywhere here, BUT I have been into BPAL for 5 months now and learned that they put out, yearly, the Halloweenies and the Yules...also the Lunacies (spelling?) every full moon, my question is, are there other LE's released during the year, like, for example, Valentine's Day? Or are others just kind of random? I would like to know so I could be prepared for anything upcoming!! Thanks for any answers on this!!! :wub2:

It might be a better idea to ask this in the Chatter section under the BPAL FAQ page or in the Speculation thread, but, in short, the three main Walletgeddon LE collections are Weenies, Yules, and Lupercalias, aka Lupes (Lupercalia is the precursor to Valentine's Day).

There are also smaller LE collections we can usually depend on being released, like Bards of Ireland in March (we didn't get those this year, but we got the earthquake fundraiser collection instead), April Fool's Day in April, and Anniversaries in November. Then there's *also* the 13 series (I think there was one 13 blend that appeared on two different occasions, but they are typically mildly different) commemorating Friday the 13ths whenever they happen (note: They are only up for 24 hours, so don't wait for reviews if you think you want them!). And then we have the annual Lunar New Year oil.

And then there are random surprise small LE collections like the RAINN fundraiser or Paduan Killer Bees, and then there are single surprise LEs like Lo Krathong or Stinky, not to mention Dark Delicacies exclusives that are basically DD-only LEs like Black Lace or Batty and other retail-only exclusives like Pretty Indulgent's various oils, plus Will Call exclusives like Blood Champagne, and WC exclusive giveaways like Hot Buttered Rum, and non-WC event exclusives like Giant Squid for Sakuracon last year (and then there are event exclusives that are given away for free at certain events, like Dungeon Crawl for, um, the Geek Girl Tweetup, if I recall correctly, which I probably don't).

Oh, and I almost forgot the forum LEs: We have been getting Lilith scents every September for her birthday, and then there will be just random forum-only LEs popping up unexpectedly like Halloween: Las Vegas and WILF. Oh, and I also almost forget the Post's LEs like Candied Pumpkin or the Echo & Narkissos set.

In short, although there are certain times when you can expect certain things (Lupes, 13s, Aril Fool's Day), there are always surprises. If you want to try them all and don't care whether you have a bottle, decant circles are your best friend. By my count, there were over 160 LEs between January and October alone, and that was *before* the Yules and Anniversaries.

Edited to brak up the wall o' text.

Edited by meaganola

Hi there! Another n00b with a question :)

I'm really interested in some Salon blends, namely The Great He-Goat and The Smiling Spider. Are they still available to buy? I'm a bit confused because the Gustav Klimt scents were supposed to be taken down in October but I can still add them to my basket. What about older scents? And why some of them are 'discontinued' while others are not, surely they are all LE?

Thanks to anyone who can help me clear the confusion :wub2:

Lupers come out by mid Jan usually and stay live until the last week of March. I wouldn't worry about being prepared for the LE's~~ way too many of them to kick yourself over missing something in particular. There are 64 live scents on the LE page at the moment. The weenies and pickman gallery stuff just went down but there was some overlap. Leather Phoenix sold out quickly. The Rainn scents are still clickable on the website {which makes me happy cus I hope to get my matchstick girl and phoenix decants and be able to order all together} and those are LE as well. The Sticky bat is LE so lets say that we are up to 69 LE's live at the moment. Move on down to the trading post and you have another 9 scents {3 in bottles 6 as part of stockings} and well... There was a day there {the lunacy, weenies, yules, pickman, etc etc} where I believe there was at least 100 live LE scents. At $20 a pop it just isn't feasible to stress over missing out.

I am forever grateful that the lab is so creative and offers so many interesting things for us to try. I do like getting LEs and have some favorites as do most people. I have also been ordering GC stuff with every order I made for oh about 6 yrs now. I don't order very often because I go in spurts where I madly try to buy a lot of stuff then knock myself on the head for having too much to wear already. In the past month I have acquired 7 bottles and 8 imps not counting frimpage. I realize that is a lot for some and barely any for others but I won't get through these in a year even if I slathered several times a day. Oh okay maybe I will but you know...it will be a while. And I am already planning my yule order. Thank heavens the traditional luper favorites don't do it for me. Most people seem to pick an update that they go gaga over. Weenies vs Yules vs Lupers vs Lunacies as a favorite and then pick out maybe a scent or two out of the others. At least that is what I have observed.

Hi there! Another n00b with a question :)

I'm really interested in some Salon blends, namely The Great He-Goat and The Smiling Spider. Are they still available to buy? I'm a bit confused because the Gustav Klimt scents were supposed to be taken down in October but I can still add them to my basket. What about older scents? And why some of them are 'discontinued' while others are not, surely they are all LE?

Thanks to anyone who can help me clear the confusion :wub2:

The Salon isn't LE that I know of... eek I forget what it was since I haven't been on forum to keep up. I do remember when the first salon came out but I forget the theory behind the salon...if it was a series that would go live then come down like carnival or what.

You can buy the great he goat and smiling spider in the 5ml bottles. Imps are only available in packs such as the entire salon exhibit pack. I believe the ones that are discontinued were done so due to component issues.

Hmmmm... That's interesting. I assumed they were LEs but was confused about the four Gustav Klimt scents still being available to buy when it says they will be live until 13th October. I emailed the customer service and got a reply saying "Unfortunately, the Klimnt scents came down in October, and are no longer available". I still went and ordered them a week ago praying I don't get a reply saying they are unavailable. Should have added the other two as well.

Anyway, thanks for your reply, muchly appreciated :)

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm wondering a few things about non GC or LE sets..

- the Carnaval Diabolique scents, do they randomly show up, or do they come around a certain month or time of year?

- Also, what's the deal with the Periodic Table? Is it new or just being re-imagined?

Edited by Drae

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm wondering a few things about non GC or LE sets..

- the Carnaval Diabolique scents, do they randomly show up, or do they come around a certain month or time of year?

- Also, what's the deal with the Periodic Table? Is it new or just being re-imagined?

I believe the carnival went down due to redoing the artwork and will be live again asap. I believe there is a thread on the carnival here: http://www.bpal.org/topic/34409-carnaval-diabolique-discussion/ On page 173 there is a note from Beth stating that it is a priority getting it up and going again. With a surprise project.

I believe the carnival went down due to redoing the artwork and will be live again asap. I believe there is a thread on the carnival here: http://www.bpal.org/topic/34409-carnaval-diabolique-discussion/ On page 173 there is a note from Beth stating that it is a priority getting it up and going again. With a surprise project.

Thanks, i'm excited to see what's coming now!

It might be a better idea to ask this in the Chatter section under the BPAL FAQ page or in the Speculation thread, but, in short, the three main Walletgeddon LE collections are Weenies, Yules, and Lupercalias, aka Lupes (Lupercalia is the precursor to Valentine's Day).

There are also smaller LE collections we can usually depend on being released, like Bards of Ireland in March (we didn't get those this year, but we got the earthquake fundraiser collection instead), April Fool's Day in April, and Anniversaries in November. Then there's *also* the 13 series (I think there was one 13 blend that appeared on two different occasions, but they are typically mildly different) commemorating Friday the 13ths whenever they happen (note: They are only up for 24 hours, so don't wait for reviews if you think you want them!). And then we have the annual Lunar New Year oil.

And then there are random surprise small LE collections like the RAINN fundraiser or Paduan Killer Bees, and then there are single surprise LEs like Lo Krathong or Stinky, not to mention Dark Delicacies exclusives that are basically DD-only LEs like Black Lace or Batty and other retail-only exclusives like Pretty Indulgent's various oils, plus Will Call exclusives like Blood Champagne, and WC exclusive giveaways like Hot Buttered Rum, and non-WC event exclusives like Giant Squid for Sakuracon last year (and then there are event exclusives that are given away for free at certain events, like Dungeon Crawl for, um, the Geek Girl Tweetup, if I recall correctly, which I probably don't).

Oh, and I almost forgot the forum LEs: We have been getting Lilith scents every September for her birthday, and then there will be just random forum-only LEs popping up unexpectedly like Halloween: Las Vegas and WILF. Oh, and I also almost forget the Post's LEs like Candied Pumpkin or the Echo & Narkissos set.

In short, although there are certain times when you can expect certain things (Lupes, 13s, Aril Fool's Day), there are always surprises. If you want to try them all and don't care whether you have a bottle, decant circles are your best friend. By my count, there were over 160 LEs between January and October alone, and that was *before* the Yules and Anniversaries.

Edited to brak up the wall o' text.

WOW....thanks for the response....overwhelming!! :) Love the "walletgeddon"....ain't that the truth!!

The Salons are unimpable GCs, like Neil Gaiman scents. Occasionally one will be discontinued due to a sudden component issue, but other than that they're live for the foreseeable future.

The Periodic Table series has not yet gone live, although testers have been spotted at NYCC and Will Calls.

Hello all...hope this is the right place to post, but this will be my first Lupercalia release (only been into BPAL since July 2011) and I was wondering if someone can give me an idea of any returning scents that might be coming up so I can review and plan an order? You know, kind of like how Snow White seems to come out every Yule...thanks for any info!! :wub2:

Sign in to follow this