Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
neuilly

Scents close to Alabaster (Banana Republic)?

I have no clue what's in that scent but if anyone has smelled it, I'd love to know what you think is in it and which BPAL scents are close to it!

...and really any amber scents too. I really like Brisingamen but I'm worried I'm not quite mature enough to pull it off.

Edited by neuilly

I have no clue what's in that scent but if anyone has smelled it, I'd love to know what you thinks in it

Haven't smelled it but according to Google it has a top note of lotus, a midnote of "wild rose" and a base of white amber; I don't see anything terribly similar but you might try Marquise de Merteuil and Versailles for florally-amber scents, or Bastet for lotus and amber with a softer, more incensy vibe. Jacob's Ladder would probably be a little sweeter than Alabaster, but it's lovely so I'd fully support looking for it anyway :P

I'm in a minority with this I think but I love Mantis as an amber scent; it's just so fresh and golden at the same time, like late-spring sunshine. Don't be scared by the patchouli, if that's not your thing--I am SO not a patchouli person, but I love this blend. It just adds a hint of earthiness to ground the top notes.

Jacobs Ladder...naturally one that's hard to find! I'll keep my eye out for some though, thanks for the suggestion. I've made a list of the GCs to try...and I'll be back later for a more in-depth response.

Thanks guys!

Sign in to follow this