Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I'm assuming this is a love oil of some kind just based on the name. I asked Forest for a description and/or suggestion for ritual use and will update this post with her response. So at this time I'm testing for scent only, I don't want to focus energy open-ended not knowing how it will be channeled.

As far as scent is concerned, on me it's a perfume-y floral much like Blinding Glory of Love. Pleasant enough but not 'me'. If it turns out to have a ritual application I can use, I will keep an imp. I'll decant the rest out to share with others.

ETA interesting. It's getting sweeter as the day goes on. I put it on about 9:45 and in the last 20 minutes or so it's gotten quite amber-y, much more to my liking. I'll likely keep an imp after all unless it's got a terrible magical effect.

ETA 2: Rozilla reminds me that I never reported back about Forest's reply - yes, she did answer me, here is what she said:

Aphrodesia is one of our Love/Lust/Attraction blends. Beth has not yet released an official description for it but, according to Webster's online dictionary, an Aphrodisiac is:

1 : an agent (as a food or drug) that arouses or is held to arouse sexual desire

2 : something that excites

This should give you a pretty good idea of the intent behind this blend.

Son of ETA: Alseides reminds me that I didn't say what it's magical effect was - sadly, I did not notice any aphrodisiacal effects. I did end up swapping the last of my decants away, because the wet phase wasn't that great on me. I hope someone else reviews it someday, though!

Edited by roesmoker

When first applied, Aphrodesia's fragrance was quite strong and reminded me of a field of daisies in the rain. As it dries down, it mellows.

It works best for me in combination with something sweet or soothing, like Midway or Oneiroi.

Scent: This was really hard for me to sniff out, so I don't really have much information in terms of what notes I think are in this. I did detect a slightly sweet, herbal floral. There was a stage where this was a bit bitter, but then it calmed down and went herbal once again. It has a very warm and inviting aura to it.

Use: I anointed my chakras and then ended up going out for the evening. I didn't notice anything over the top, but I did get a lot of attention from the man. :P

Sweet, herbally rose blend. It may be rose geranium actually. For me, this smells like a kissing cousin to Mantle of Venus or the Planetary Venus blend. It's got that same soft pink vibe to it. I don't notice the same kind of punch from some of the other love TAL blends, but this one seems more geared toward romance? In that light, flirty, way.

I applied some of this recently when I went to hang out with a bunch of my (very platonic) guy friends, just to see if there would be any reaction. I don't think that oil works in a way that affects others' perceptions of you, because they were the same as usual, but I definitely found myself to be a bit more on the flirtatious side. Perhaps I'll try it again when I'm needing a boost and am around some more receptive targets, haha.

Edited by hiddentwilight