Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
UltraViolet

Peaceful Home

TAlPeacefulhome.jpg

In the bottle

Sooo pretty. A floral, but it's light and I think there is citrus (lemon or grapefruit) in here as well.

Oh my GOD. If someone told me there would be scent that is even more gorgeous and lemony spring-like than "Milk and Honey" or "Sylph" I wouldn't have believed it.

On

I'm wearing this one on my wrist. It's like sunshine, lemony.

30 minutes

There is a light sweetness coming though now. Very light sweetness. Strong lemon.

Throw:

More than average.

Scent category:

Citrus/Herbal?

Summary

It smells clean, lemony and a wee bit floral and herby with a bit of astringency like tea and an oita of sweetness. It last longer than alot of lemon scents on me.

Purchase again?

Yes indeed.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

TALPHbottle.jpg

Peaceful Home

The scent: this is a lovely, pleasant scent-it smells like citrus herbs and lemon, maybe citronella, with geranium, rose and lilac. A peaceful, soothing fragrance.

The intent: I thought that now that I've returned home from uni for the summer, I'd perform a little ritual to calm the household down. Even though it's just my mum and me living there, there are a lot of arguments between us, especially over household objects and possessions, tidiness, and just plain parent and daughter disputes. So, for this ritual, I dressed a light blue candle with this oil by rubbing the candle with the oil from the ends inward, saying to myself 'bring in peace and harmony to the home, let there be no more disputing' whilst visualising me being on easy terms with my mum and peace flowing into the home. The soft and pleasing scent helped to do this better, I think, and at one point, after lighting the candle, I felt a wonderful warm energy starting to fill the palms of my hands where the oil was (and my hands were a bit cold, previously). I used this opportunity to visualise this warm, healing, soothing energy surrounding the house and all the rooms in it. I feel more calm now after ritual, much more calm and at ease with everything and I hope the oil's intents start to take hold-will update with any results.

The oil seemed to work-I think. For a week after I did the ritual, my mum was less argumentative and the disputes we had were very minor and were resolved faster than usual. But after that week, my mum returned to her usual grumpy self...I think I need to use this oil again-I think another way I could use it would be in an oil burner, to spread it throughout the house.

Edited by yeahbutnobut

I have a lot of animals and live in a very small house with another full-grown human. All of our boundaries mingle and this can sometimes cause some serious unbalance in the harmony of the household. Two cats who scream at each other irritate the other cats, wake up the humans and make them irritable, which in turn upsets the dog. Since the humans are the ones with the jobs, we are then the ones who carry the negativity out of the house and into the world. Then nobody's happy.

In the past, I have done a lot of clearing and purification with sage. I now put Peaceful Home on my windowsills, in the corners where energy gets stuck, in doorways to all the different rooms. As a result, I have seen a strengthening of the balance in the house regarding boundaries and tempers. However, if I slack and do not re-annoint for a long time, the harmony unravels.

I've not yet tried this in a oil burner, but I think this would be a pleasant scent to use in that way: it has a distinct scent of lemon, white flowers, and a bit of a soapy note that always makes it smell like I've thoroughly scrubbed down the house when I use it.

Edited by Heretic

I used a sample vial of this in my oil burner. It's a very clean scent to me... almost like lemony dish soap. Bright and citrussy. The boy really liked it as a house fragrance.

Scent: Clean, bright citrus and light, springy florals. My first thought was lilies.

Use: I was only given a tiny partial decant of this so I have used it sparingly. When I do use it, I anoint my pulse points with it and dress a candle that I then burn in the center point of my home. If I had more, I'd probably use it in an oil burner to scent the whole home. It has such a calming, peaceful, and happy aura of scent. I like using this after a dark winter, whenever the energy of the home gets too chaotic or busy, or whenever someone here has been sick or down for a while.