Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mermaidrage

How to mix a mojito?

Spring is here, and I'm having my cocktail cravings. I was mixing up mojitos for me and the boy tonight and, when the mint leaves hit, I realized how much I want to SMELL like a mojito on hot summer nights. Think, light rum and sugar, mint leaves and lime, lime, lime!

Are there any bpal scents that replicate this? Any oils I could blend to get that perfect combination?

Thanks in advance!

mmmm, I love mojitos!! My recommendations are Envy (predominantly mint and lime), and Juke Joint (which is boozy with sugar and mint). By themselves both are lovely, but you might try layering them to get a really yummy mojito smell. I was also thinking Grog might be a good one to try, but probably only if you layer it with a minty scent. By itself it is verrry buttery dark rum.

Edited by Capriquarius

Mmmmm... I think Envy and Juke Joint are going on my must-have list. They sound delicious. Grog sounds nice too, but a little dark for this particular craving. But, sometime. :P

Thanks!

Yes! I ordered Juke Joint because it sounded like a mohito and I really wanted to smell like one! I haven't tried it yet but from the vial it smells a little like a different kind of mint - candy peppermint rather than leaf mint, if you know what I mean. But I'm still hopeful and will try it on tonight and let you know.

envy and juke joint for sure.....

not grog though......way too butter rummy/coconutty which

would not be part of a traditional mojito..........

Ah, this thread led me to a little layering adventure with what I had sitting around, because I too LOVE mojitos!

On me, The Hamptons is very much lime and clear, cool, non-sweet booze with very little cranberry coming through. I took a bit of The Hamptons and layered it with Cathode (three mints and green, mossy scents) and I came out with a lime and mint martini smell -- it doesn't have the sugar smell of a mojito, but it's zippy as hell. Wearing it on a hot, humid summer day might be a kick!