Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

The smell of night

I walked outside today and the sky was so beautiful! The air was perfect and crisp and windy and the stars were sparkling. I was wondering if you guys know of a blend with a similar feel? That is evocative of a night sky? I'm looking for either GC (impable or unimpable) or current Yule blends for recommendations. I looked through this thread but since some of the blends are discontinued I thought I would resurrect it and see what you guys come up with! Also I'm looking for something definitely on the cool side as opposed to a muggy humid night! Thanks guys! :D

Bump. :D

I'm also interested in scents reminiscent of night, or dusk. I'm going to investigate Nocnitsa, but I'm hesitant about most evergreen blends... is there anything more deciduous? Also a bit scared of florals, which a lot of the recommended blends seem to be.

The Night-Raven (Indigo musk, wild plum, rose geranium, benzoin, night-blooming jasmine, and patchouli) is the scent that really evokes this feeling for me.

I really wish I could think of something non-floral for you, but I seem to be drawing a blank. :\

Body, Remember smells like a summer night on the beach to me. There is something cold and hard about it, but the coconut and champaca give it a tropical vibe.

Event Horizon, Medea, and Muse of the Night are heavy resinous scents that do evoke a sense of darkness and gloom, although they don't actually smell like, say, a summer night in the outdoors.

I can't think of a deciduous night scent, but deciduous scents do seem to be rare in general.

Thanks, those look interesting. :) Event Horizon was already on my list, Body, Remember is definitely joining it - maybe Medea, too.

Nocnitsa has been mentioned, and it definitely has that lovely dark, damp forest smell. I will also say that usually I cannot do evergreen, pine type smells, but Nocnitsa is beautifully blended. A Dense and Frightful Darkness (one of the Frankenstein Yules from 2011) has a similar effect, only grittier/darker - no pine or evergreen or such. Another night scent, for me, is Saturnalia, which is all vetiver and violets - and I am not a floral person at all, so it definitely surprised me.

Edited by curlsandpearls