Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

IF you received a leaky bottle…

Send an email to blackphoenix@blackphoenixalchemylab.com with LEAK as the subject. In the body of the email give us your name and address along with the oil name and milliliter size of the defective bottle. If possible, please also include your order number, but this isn’t a necessity.

Thank you!

Cross-posted to other threads to ensure everyone who may have this problem sees this notice.

- - -

ORIGINAL POST:

The fun never stops! Brian discovered this afternoon that some of the damned caps are faulty in our latest set of bottles. Some seem to be loosening up, not just in transit, but also while just sitting here in the Lab. Tonight we're going through the 100 or so orders that are in process and trying to find the faulty tops.

ETA instructions on what to do if you've received a defective bottle so we can ensure that everyone's problem is rectified.

:P

I was trying to find a polite way to mention this problem without conveying any irritation or disappointment. All 4 of my 5mLs (which I received today, thank goddess!!), leaked in transit, and the oil soaked through their labels and the labels came off. Not enough liquid leaked out to make a noticeable difference, and they are easily recognized by smell, but I'm glad y'all already know about it.

Whew.

And the spoonful of sugar... I was so excited to receive my order! Y'all are so kind to send freebie imps! The slightly altered Lady MacBeth is absolutely delicious! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

Me, too... :D I just opened my package, and all my 5mls had leaked, labels off, etc... BUT, DAMN, did that pkg smell superb!

No problems, though - I don't feel badly, you neither should you! :P

I had a wee bit of leakage - the High Priestess seems to be the biggest culprit, but all four of my bottles were a bit slippery when I took them out of the packaging. I actually wiped the High Priestess' label off when I was trying to clean her up, but it stuck back on without a problem.

For anyone with leaky bottles and nasty labels, I had this problem recently in a swap. I lost almost nothing in the way of oil, but the damage to the label was nasty. What I did was this: I dabbed it with a soft cloth (cheesecloth works best), let it sit for a couple hours in the open air, then applied clear enamel nail polish to the label. Two coats hardened it up right quick and saved the label (only if it was not damaged too badly).

This might help for those of you who also lost minimal amounts but want to try and salvage the label.

Good luck!!

Yeah I'm trying that. Some of the labels are beyond repair. Thanks for the advice, Eb, Much appreciated. I may actually transfer some of my oils to other kinds of bottles and/or create new labels.

I want to get those globe bottles. But I DO NOT need 40 of them! LOL!!

-Leslie

Edited by MissAnthropy

Hey lady!

Do we need to bug you about it if they didn't spill much, just so you have some idea of how widespread the problem is? I know my High Priestess' label came off, but there's barely a dent in the oil level...

Hey, Shollin-- I totally agree!

In my email to Nella, I mentioned that oil level was not a problem, I was not complaining and I did not need replacements. I don't want to cause any more problems for the lab than they already have, and i'm very happy with the 5mLs I received, even if the labels are a little gooby. I don't want them to waste money on sending me more stuff when they're already besieged, you know? But they do need to know about the saturation of the problem ( of saturation! ), hence the email.

Here's to hoping the leaky "viles" wont set 'em back any further than necessary... we need that Midsummer update!

Yes - I just emailed asking if they might send me some different tops... Certainly NOT new bottles! I'm going to travel late this summer, and would like to bring several bottles with, and I think just some different tops would do just fine... :P

My 5 ml of Vice was leaky also. The label had gotten completely soaked and slipped right off the bottle. The 10 ml of Zephyr leaked a little bit, but only enough to make the top of the bottle and part of the label oily. The bubble wrap on both were oily (and divinely scented, I might add!)

Edited by Scylla

The label had gotten completely soaked and slipped right off the bottle.

Yeah... most of my lables were a lost cause, so I cleaned off and dried the bottles, and whipped out my handy dandy Dymo label machine, and made new ones :D

Not exactly glamerous, but it did the trick! For one day, there were 3 bottles without labels and thankfully, they were the most unique scents of the collection I ordered. My nose told me which one was which.

:P

-Leslie

I recieved my package today after a long wait only to discover the oil had leaked to the point of seeping through the box (altho my mailbox smells wonderful now).

It was bad enough that i took pics.:P

Labels were soaked through and i had a helluva time getting everything wiped clean as the labels got uber schtiky. :D

I'm gonna try that nifty nailpolish trick someone above mentioned to keep the labels in place.

I just thought to say that I received a swap today that leaked a little and I know that if the bottle is missing that round peice of cardbord in the cap, the bottle will leak some. If anyone has bottle with the round peice of cardbord missing, pack the lid with an few layers of news paper and It wont leak. :P