Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Fishwomon

Love an Aveda scent or shampoo, looking for a BPAL that's similar?

Wow this thread is old! :eek: But I was searching the forum for "Aveda," hoping to find a BPAL that smells like the Aveda Shampure Candle. If you've ever been to an Aveda salon or store, you'll know what I'm talking about - there's just this general, unmistakable Aveda smell that's sort of herbal, sort of flowery, vaguely spicy, overall very fresh and calming. Anyone want to second the recommendations that are already here, or have any new Aveda-esque BPALs come out in the 3 years since this thread was last active? ;)

Wow this thread is old! :eek: But I was searching the forum for "Aveda," hoping to find a BPAL that smells like the Aveda Shampure Candle. If you've ever been to an Aveda salon or store, you'll know what I'm talking about - there's just this general, unmistakable Aveda smell that's sort of herbal, sort of flowery, vaguely spicy, overall very fresh and calming. Anyone want to second the recommendations that are already here, or have any new Aveda-esque BPALs come out in the 3 years since this thread was last active? ;)

Hi there! I have been working for Aveda for the past 10 years and am familiar with most all of their aromas since 2000. The aroma you are looking for is the signature Aveda scent that is also found in a few other products like Confixor gel and Firmata hairspray. Aveda also makes twelve different "Key Element" aroma blends which they do not sell, however they will blend them into a "pure-fume" spray, body cleanser, lotion, bath salt, or massage oil. There is one called Water Nature 6 that is the exact same aroma as Shampure. This aroma is actually a blend of 25 different essential oils so it is pretty hard to pin down. Most people can pick out the coriander, lavender, ylang ylang, and Australian sandalwood the most. So, basically you can get this in a pretty concentrated perfume for only $20.

I would love to find some bpal that smells like Aveda, especially some of my favorite discontinued scents. The closest I have ever found so far is A Rose in the Deeps of His Heart, slightly resembling the galbanum notes in Sap Moss.