Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sheelanagig

Similarities to Anna Sui perfumes?

Just jumping right in here, about to make my first order. :D

For the past five years or so, I've worn no other perfume but Anna Sui Classic.

I've been reading tons and tons of reviews for scents, and there are a few I think might be similar, but I just want to get someone else's opinion first.

Here is the description I found for the composition of Anna Sui:

"A floral fragrance built around Bulgarian rose with topnotes of bergamot, raspberry and apricot, a heart of rose, water lily and jasmine, and a base of cedarwood, sandalwood and powdery tonka bean."

Any suggestions will be greatly greatly appreciated!! :P

There's only one that lists Bulgarian rose, and that's Seraglio. Here is the description:

In long-ago Arabia, harem girls rubbed an herbal poultice formed from a blend of sensual, luxuriant herbs and oils onto their bodies to prepare themselves for the Sultan's pleasure. This lush, indulgent perfume is based on that ancient formula. Sweet almond and Mysor sandalwood enveloped by a heady veil of Bulgarian Rose, neroli, nutmeg, clove and orange peel.

Mata Hari has rose, jasmine, and tonka.

Other people will likely suggest Rakshasa or Spellbound, but those didn't work on me so I'm not a good one to ask. :P

Viola has rose, lily, and sandalwood.

Alice has the rose and bergamot, though a carnation spike that is harsh on some, invisible on others.

Seraphim has rose and sandalwood and lily.

I hear Old Venice is lovely too!

I like Old London, but that's a very tea rose scent.

Happy ordering! Let us know what you get!

"A floral fragrance built around Bulgarian rose with topnotes of bergamot, raspberry and apricot, a heart of rose, water lily and jasmine, and a base of cedarwood, sandalwood and powdery tonka bean."

You might like...

Alice - Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

Queen Mab - Black orchid, sandalwood, night-blooming jasmine, osmanthus, Somalian rose, and Chinese musk.

Mata Hari - Five roses with soft jasmine, warmed by vanilla, fig, tonka bean and mahogany, spiced with a drop of coffee bean.

Siren - White ginger, jasmine, and a touch of vanilla.

Tamora - Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

Hey Sheelanagig (GREAT NAME!)

I too love Anna Sui (in the beautiful purple bottle).

While Seraglio is really nice, it's nothing like Anna Sui.

Queen Mab is also fantastic! It too isn't like Anna Sui, but I'm sure you'd like it.

Siren is a definite possibility. It is slightly similar to Anna Sui.

What about...

Mata Hari: A renowned exotic dancer and courtesan, possessed of aristocratic elegance, matchless charm, an iron will and a streak of fearlessness. The actual events of her life have met with much speculation, and to this day it is unclear whether or not she was truly a German spy. Despite shaky evidence of her guilt, she was tried for espionage by a closed court-martial and was executed by a French firing squad in 1917. Her scent is striking and bold with a delicate yet dark undertone: five roses with soft jasmine, warmed by vanilla, fig, tonka bean and mahogany, spiced with a drop of coffee bean.

OR

Old Sybaris The pinnacle of wealth, luxury, self-indulgent pleasure, voluptuousness and sensuality. Bright violet with sweet clove, Mediterranean spice notes and tonka bean.

Actually Old Sybaris is the one that seems most like Anna Sui to my memory.

Try some imps. Let us know what you like!

Thanks everyone for being sooooo helpful!! :P

Seraglio, even if it's not what I'm looking for, sounds LOVELY.

I am definitely ordering it, as well as Mata Hari and Old Sybarus. (sp)

The others I'll be ordering are Haunted, Bliss (yummy), and O.

We'll see how it goes! Thanks again!! Hugs!

I was wondering if there are any BPAL blends that smells similar to Anna Sui's Secret Wish. Here are its notes I found in an auction: Bergamot, Melon, Apple, Cinnamon, Green Leaves, Sea Breeze, Magnolia, Violet, Rose, White Muguet, Jasmine, Lantana Flower, Amber, Musk, Raspberry, Vetiver, Teak. Many thanks!

This weekend I picked up Secret Wish by Anna Sui at Victoria's Secret. I'd love to find an oil that I can wear with it!

Here is some info about the fragrance:

Fragrance type: fruity floral

Top notes: lemon, marigold (tagete), melon

Middle notes: blackcurrant buds (cassis), pineapple

Low notes: white cedarwood, amber, skin musk complex

Can you think of something to go with it?

thanks!

Edited by mia

So, I haven't smelled this one but next time I am in Sephora it will be a priority - I love Anna Sui's designs and her first 2 (?) perfumes were really original.

I know you said on LJ that you didn't like Mi-Go Brain Canister, and that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw "fruity floral." But it sounds like this has more than just florals and fruit, and is maybe a little more substantial because of the base notes. So I put some more thought into it and came up with a few more that you might want to try, some GC and some LE:

GC:

Blood Countess - Corrupted black plum, smoky opium and crumbling dead roses covered by a deceptive veil of Hungarian lilac, white gardenia and wild berry.

Florence - Elegant iris, bright berries, gilded amber and velvety spices.

Titania - white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

La Belle au Bois Dormant - Plumeria and white pear, Damascus rose, tuberose, magnolia and evening dew.

Siren - White ginger, jasmine, and a touch of vanilla and apricot.

Kitsune-Tsuki - Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.

LE:

Carnivale - sweet wild berry, spicy carnation and heliotrope layered over deep amber and musk.

Good luck with finding a good BPAL companion for your new fragrance!

So, I haven't smelled this one but next time I am in Sephora it will be a priority - I love Anna Sui's designs and her first 2 (?) perfumes were really original.

Its actually only carried at Victoria's Secret - so if you shop there, check out the beauty section and let me know what you think! :P

But I have some info that might be helpful!

After I sprayed some on today and it dried down a bit - it smelled very similar to Aizen-Myoo to me!

I'm not sure I'd want to put the two together (you know, too much of a good thing!) so if you can think of any that aren't in the list - thanks so much by the way! I can't wait to try these out! - that would work with aizen-myoo

thanks again! :D