Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Laurel the Woodfairy

Tyche's Kiss

A wonderfully potent fast luck blend! Brings good fortune, opportunity, and prosperity.

Am I really the first? Argh, the pressure...

My understanding is that this is a blend to bring a quick burst of good luck to the wearer. According to Wikipedia, "in Greek mythology, Tyche ("luck") was the presiding tutelary deity that governed the fortune and prosperity of a city, its destiny."

A kiss from Tyche smells of mint (peppermint, I think) and fresh herbs; this is a Goddess with very fresh breath. :P A clean scent, suggestive of a fresh current of happiness breezing across your life. This one made me smile. Edited by Shollin

Am I really the first? Argh, the pressure...

*grins* I know! I got a teeny imp of this awhile back, and figured this shouldn't be the only review.

However, I've only really just sniffed it, since I didn't go looking for a description until recently. It's very minty, almost like Concentration is, but (don't think I'm nuts) a tad bit lighter. On my skin, however, Tyche lasts so much longer than the other mints, which makes me very glad.

I'll wear a little dab this weekend, see how much opportunity and prosperity I get *grins*

Tyche's Kiss is a lighter mint, with a touch of sweet. It has a light, fresh feeling to it and if it is indeed for bringing luck then I think the mood of the scent complements the magical purpose of the scent. It's very clean and uplifting.

SCENT - A very sweet light mint, maybe wintergreen. Lovely.

USAGE - I adore this oil and have to force myself at this point not to abuse it. I wore it recently while house-hunting because I needed to find a nice, safe place to live in a hurry, and I was blessed with great luck. The first place I called about renting turned out to be fabulous, and I was the first person to see it. I was able to take over this woman's lease in an apartment building I never would have been able to afford at current market value, and with less than half the deposit I was being asked for at other places. Earlier in the day while I was driving to look at a different apartment to view (my appointment for the one I loved was later in the afternoon) I accidentally made a very illegal maneuver right in front of a cop and he completely ignored it, though I know he saw me. Whew! I get the sense that when I ask for Tyche's Kiss she's giving me only the good luck I need to follow my path, rather than simply random good luck.

It also seems to instill in me a sense of faith in even having good luck at all, if that makes any sense. It's a very happy and confident feeling, and, well, have I mentioned I love Tyche's Kiss? :P

Tyche's Kiss reminds me very much of Road Opener, and they both smell minty - I think I'm getting pennyroyal from one or both. Haven't experienced any magickal effects yet but will report back if I do. I could really use some good luck right now - and faith in my ability to have luck, as Proginoskes so astutely puts it above.

Edited by roesmoker

Tyche's Kiss does start off minty, but that quickly burns off and I'm left with a light herbally kinda smell. There's something a teeny bit powdery and I have to wonder if the base isn't slightly resinous.

In any case, I will edit this review about the actual effects after the day has gone by.

Effects: So when I put this on I asked for a little good luck for me and a little good luck for my boss, who was having a biopsy that day. The day itself was pretty uneventful. I had the next three days off because my BIL was in town and I was his official tour guide. Touristing was nice and fine - the weather was unbelieavable nice! Not too hot or humid, which was great since we were walking outdoors alot, and no rain! Yeah! On Friday, we went to pick up my stepson, arrived early, went to the mall, stopped by Gamestop and managed to find a WII, which we hadn't been able to find in FOREVER.

And now, today, I found out from my boss that he got a call on Friday. He's fine and healthy. :P

... Coincidence? Maybe. In any case, I'll have to try this again since I found out over the weekend that my grandpa is not doing so hot. I'm going to see if Tyche's Kiss can help out a little?

ETA: It was resolved quickly. (I'm afraid to make the actual minutes count in my head). I mainly asked that there be a quick resolution and that my grandfather be better off in general. I think it was time to go. I think it was for the best).

Edited by zankoku_zen

Invigorating, cool, mentholic peppermint over fruity-berryish bubblegum. It's sort of bright and girly, and rather pleasant, especially for a ritual oil.

It becomes a little soapy over time though in a pleasant, soothing clean way. Overall, it's a nice herbal-fruit blend that fades away completely after a couple hours.

Ritualistically, I followed a friend's advice and applied it to my chakra points while visualising something I wished to happen (fittingly, winning an ebay bid for a bottle of BPAL, an imp of which I held to my temple as I visualised); I did find it uplifting and effective in bringing me luck.

I'll hang on to this one and experiment more.

This stuff is strong.

not in scent, in effectiveness.

I play the scratch off lotto tickets from time to time... usually i break even, no better, no worse.

A little visualisation, a little tyche's Kiss on my hands..... I won 120$ on two tickets, which is just WAY beyond anything I've done before. It's DEFINITELY going on my personal bottle list, as this was from a leftover imp from a decant circle I did.

I'm thinking that I need to be doing a little more seriously directed work with this - it's remarkable!

I just wish I could figure out the dry down note on this stuff - it's almost jasmine but too sweet for what jasmine usually does on my skin! and I LOVE it. Smells fantastic to me and I can't figure what it is!