Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Macha

The City in the Sea

The scent of Death’s seaside throne: luminous aquatic notes threaded through by creeping ivies, white woods, waving kelp and bruised violets.

Fresh, this smelled like an aquatic men's cologne. Husband obediently sniffed my wrist and shook his head, "It's too feminine to be a man's cologne". I tried to tell him that it was the aquatic note :lol: but after about half an hour of drydown, this has become quite feminine.

There is still a sharp "water" element, but the soft floral has risen enough to become a really charming scent.

It is very much not my style, but it's a lovely lovely scent.

Another one of those 'Damn, why couldn't I have known about BPAL back when this was live!?!?' scents... I have a lot like that. :huh?:

I get a sort of cologne-y scent with this. There is an almost citrus scent in the background (lemon?). There is a very profound aquatic note here, too. God this is SO good... :wub2:

I wish I had more than my half an imp. :cry2:

Edited by jtb2008

This scent is amazing! Beautiful aquatic with light florals, it reminds me of the sea breeze and fesh water. One of the rare aquatics that I like, not salty, not sweet, just fresh.

And the violets ruin it for me after a while, when it starts smelling of soap in the sea breeze. :(

Source: Secondhand bottle.

Wet: Sharp, salty aquatic. I can taste the warm sea water with a single sniff.

Drydown: Burgeoning green floral, tempered by the saltiness, with bright flashes of ozone chasing across the top.

Dry: Sweet, salty aquatic floral with tinges of powderiness as the day wears on.

Overall: A little goes a long way here. City in the Sea is a nice aquatic, but I have similar enough ones already in my collection.