Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Pave.Gurl

Where does the art on the website come from?

Does anyone know where the art on the sites (BPAL, BPTP) came from (ie: artist, media, etc)?

It seemed like it'd be a general BPAL query but I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks, y'all!

I know some of the art beth uses is edward gorey. i believe the carnaval noir art was actually created by a forumite, but i dont want to get the name wrong cause i can't remember exactly who it is!

a great deal of the art is by gorey and beardsley (though i'm sure i spelled that wrong).

some of the art (carnaval noir comes to mind) - including the CN postcard - was done by Macha

It's largely Harry Clarke, Aubrey Beardsley, and Beresford Egan with some other stuff thrown in.

Basically, illustrators of the Fin de Siecle era.

Edit: Yes, I did the Carnaval noir labels and postcards. :P

It's largely Harry Clarke, Aubrey Beardsley, and Beresford Egan with some other stuff thrown in.

And it is amazing! I just got a bottle of Midway the other day and about lost it at how awesome the label is! :bowdown:

And it is amazing!   I just got a bottle of Midway the other day and about lost it at how awesome the label is!   :bowdown:

The labels are amazing! I loved the little ferris wheel on Midway - it was so darn cute! I didn't want to hand it over to my sister when she came to claim it :P

Beautiful work, Macha! :D

Edited by slugbait

Thanks so much! I was going to make a storage box, and I wanted to keep true to the art of the site - and be able to tell people whose work it is :D

Thanks!

Edit: Yes, I did the Carnaval noir labels and postcards. :D

Macha! I ment to say so sooner (but I'm a dork and forgot)- I LOVE the postcard! It's so fantastic with that little skull painted like a clown and complete with jester's hat. :P

I had it up by my teller station for a while, but brought it home so it wouldn't get "lost" by the cleaning people or coworkers.

With my latest order I got a postcard with artwork that looks like it could be Harry Clarke, but I can't be sure. A man and a woman wearing long dark robes and then two other groups of people in the background dressed similarly. It captured my attention so I was curious if anyone knows the name.

I'm positive it's a Harry Clarke drawing, but less sure of the exact source.

I got a postcard with my latest order that's just so cool. It's full of people dying, being eaten, being tortured. Oh, and there's a pig wearing a nun habit. Anyone know who did this? :P

I'm so glad I found this post. My boyfriend recently asked me where BPAL got thier artwork. While he's not really into the oils, he LOVES the artwork and wants some of it to hang in our apartment ^^

Does anyone know where the artwork for the "Trading Post" came from? I love all of the artwork on the site but I particullarly luuuuv that one. Please help.

Could anyone tell m the name of the (Egan ?)picture on the Welcome page? Is it part of a series or something?