Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Krista

Nutty scents - blends with nut notes or nuts

Most of the blends I find nutty don't even have any kind of nuts in them, but my nose still smells nuts!

How Doth the Little Crocodile: Chocolate peppermint, mint-soaked vanilla, pistachio, oakmoss, and green cedar. I get mostly chocolate and pistachio out of this, and the pistachio is unexpectedly lovely.

Black Pearl: Coconut, Florentine iris, hazelnut and opalescent white musk. I know others have said they didn't smell the hazlenut in this, but I definitely did.

Shub-Niggurath: Ritual herbs and dark resins, shot through with three gingers and aphrodisiacal spices. Smells very peanut-buttery to me.

Seraglio: Sweet almond and Mysor sandalwood enveloped by a heady veil of Bulgarian Rose, neroli, nutmeg, clove and orange peel. Smells like nutty carrot cake to me.

Devil's Night: This is the scent of autumn night, fires in the distance, with a touch of boozy swoon, playful sugar and thuggish musk. In my review, I described this as "a very nutty scent" and "nutty, nutty, nutty!"

Hellboy: Aftershave, candy wrappers, brimstone, and cat. It was very nutty to me at first, but ended up being a nice dry, sweet aftershave.

Queen of Sheba: Golden honeyed almonds and a whisper of African and Middle Eastern spices. I got a lot of almond in this, and also described it as "sweet, nutty bread."

Cristina (The Literary Vampire, Halloweenie 2009) was 100% nutty on me. Other reviewers on the review page agree... almost all the other notes are drowned out by the chestnut.

I think I amp almond (or it's very obvious to my nose even in the vial), so Seraglio and Bastet were quite almond-y, although other notes do show themselves too.

Actually, it makes sense that the Hellboy scent is nutty. It's likely the "candybar wrapper" aspect, and the character himself is actually said to smell of peanuts. I'm glad someone picks up a nutty scent from it, since I'm thinking of buying it for use with my Hellboy costume in the future.

For a hazelnut scent, I definitely recommend the LE BlackBear Moon. It's so much hazelnut for me that it honestly reminded me of the smell of hazelnut coffee creamer at first, until I got past that to notice the scent of pine sap, acorn, honey, and fur under it. There's supposed to be berries and cherries in its scent as well, but I just got a warm, musky scent with hazelnuts and honey in the forefront.

I realized very quickly that it made me smell like a fresh baklava, not that this is a bad thing! :yum:

For a hazelnut scent, I definitely recommend the LE BlackBear Moon. It's so much hazelnut for me that it honestly reminded me of the smell of hazelnut coffee creamer at first, until I got past that to notice the scent of pine sap, acorn, honey, and fur under it. There's supposed to be berries and cherries in its scent as well, but I just got a warm, musky scent with hazelnuts and honey in the forefront.

I realized very quickly that it made me smell like a fresh baklava, not that this is a bad thing! :yum:

I did have that one and on me it was a little too buttery and not sweet enough. And it had a hay note (too me) that I don't really like.

I'm looking for something more sexy and woodsy I think... ;)

I'm not sure about the woodsy part, but Enraged Groundhog Musk is nutty as heeeeelllll.

Hee hee I had that one too. It was too cherry for me. ;)

This may be my own weird nose or body chemistry, but I get a definite hazelnut scent from Lights of Men's Lives as it's drying down. The first 4-5 hours of it seem to be an equal blend of hazelnut and wax. Now, I don't hear a lot of other people describing it that way - so your mileage may vary.

I'm not sure about the woodsy part, but Enraged Groundhog Musk is nutty as heeeeelllll.

Really? I so wanted to smell cherry but all it was on me was pure nutty evilness! This was about two years ago though, I'll have to try it again...

This may be my own weird nose or body chemistry, but I get a definite hazelnut scent from Lights of Men's Lives as it's drying down. The first 4-5 hours of it seem to be an equal blend of hazelnut and wax. Now, I don't hear a lot of other people describing it that way - so your mileage may vary.

The wax note was strong on me in other scents but I haven't tried this one specifically... ;) Does it have a suede scent at all?

Really? I so wanted to smell cherry but all it was on me was pure nutty evilness! This was about two years ago though, I'll have to try it again...

Try it again! Maybe age brought out the cherry! ;)

The wax note was strong on me in other scents but I haven't tried this one specifically... ;) Does it have a suede scent at all?

Not that I can smell. It's supposed to just smell like candles.