Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Summerpixy

Typical time...

Ummm do you think I might be a "problem order" (ie being one of the "lost" deliveries)? my credit card was charge on April 1st. Now it's closing in on May 1st.... I thought the 2-3 week delay was once my card was charged, not before.

Or is it because I'm in Canada?

If you're in Canada, you shouldn't (and likely didn't) use CC Now for your CC processing but rather did it through PayPal? PayPal charges you right away for your purchase (well it shows up 3 days or so later on your credit card). If you did use CC Now you should contact the lab because internationals aren't supposed to I don't think...

Hello :P just wondering if anyone could give me some info - I ordered a set of imps on the 4th of may via paypal but haven't had an email confirming my order from BPAL, though my paypal says that the payment has been sent and completed.

Thanks for any help

p.s I live in England.

Hello :P just wondering if anyone could give me some info - I ordered a set of imps on the 4th of may via paypal but haven't had an email confirming my order from BPAL, though my paypal says that the payment has been sent and completed.

Thanks for any help

p.s I live in England.

You won't be getting any confirmation from the lab, just the one fromm Paypal. You can keep an eye on the CnS posts here and the I Got My Order thread here. It looks like the early May internationals are moving now.

It looks like the early May internationals are moving now.

Although imp packs can slow orders down considerably, so don't be alarmed if the wait's a bit longer than normal.

Although imp packs can slow orders down considerably, so don't be alarmed if the wait's a bit longer than normal.

Approximately how much of a difference does it make? I'm about to send through my first order, and I have close to $150 in bottles alone, so it would only cost an extra $2 shipping to put the bottles in one order and the imps in a second order ($13 vs $11). Will that make a difference of, say, a week or more? I'd happily pay an extra couple bucks to get my bottles faster.

Approximately how much of a difference does it make? I'm about to send through my first order, and I have close to $150 in bottles alone, so it would only cost an extra $2 shipping to put the bottles in one order and the imps in a second order ($13 vs $11). Will that make a difference of, say, a week or more? I'd happily pay an extra couple bucks to get my bottles faster.

Honestly, I can't remember exactly - and of course being international doesn't help. It may make no difference at all, especially since the turn around time is so fast now. The reason it might slow things down is (if I remember correctly, and please correct me if I'm not) that if something isn't already mixed up, you might have to wait for a new lot to be made up (and because imps are so small the lab waits until they get a few orders to blend the oil? This part I'm even more hazy on.) You might like to make two orders anyway, since that would lead to added excitment with packages - although then you might get them both on the same day!

Edit: A quick check of my records indicates that (incl. international shipping, which slows things down!) the last big group order that I ran in July of 6 imp packs and 5 bottles took 16 days from order to delivery. We got the cns 10 days after ordering. My previous big order in Febuary took a lot longer, but I don't have the exact dates since I wasn't organising that one.

Edit again: The Feb order was made around the 3rd, and got delivered on the 21st of March. There was a massive reduction in the TAT midway through the year, and now it's a lot faster! Go labbies!

Edited by dzurlady

You might want to check the *I got my order* thread here. A lot of us list what the order contained, when it was ordered and when we got the CnS. That will give you a good idea of TAT. I noticed that a lot of people ordered imp packs and their shipping notices arrived around 2 weeks after their orders were placed.

Hmm, does anyone think I should be worrying yet? I recieved my CnS for my Crypt Queen order on September 6th, and the tracking indicates the package arived in Canada on the 14th. Should I just suspect customs ate it and give it some more time? The only other package I've recieved(it was from TAL) came in a week.

Hmm, does anyone think I should be worrying yet? I recieved my CnS for my Crypt Queen order on September 6th, and the tracking indicates the package arived in Canada on the 14th. Should I just suspect customs ate it and give it some more time? The only other package I've recieved(it was from TAL) came in a week.

Well if it did get stopped by customs the crypts have moss in them that they might take out. Some Canadians got their orders with no problems but it is always the (bad)luck of the draw with customs

Well if it did get stopped by customs the crypts have moss in them that they might take out. Some Canadians got their orders with no problems but it is always the (bad)luck of the draw with customs

Thanks, that is kind of what I am suspecting. I can do without moss, I just hope to recieve the rest of the contents of the package. I'll give it a while longer before getting very concerned.

Sit with me, AuroraLlew, and let me tell you about the time customs sat on my order for three months...

:D

That was an unusual delay, so don't worry about it being THAT bad, but it can take a few weeks sometimes depending on how fast they feel like workin'. :P Another influence is the fact that packages only cross the border in BC and ON, so if you're in a middle or an eastern province, you're at the mercy of Canada Post's cross-provincial services too. Isn't it fun?

Sit with me, AuroraLlew, and let me tell you about the time customs sat on my order for three months...

That was an unusual delay, so don't worry about it being THAT bad, but it can take a few weeks sometimes depending on how fast they feel like workin'. :P Another influence is the fact that packages only cross the border in BC and ON, so if you're in a middle or an eastern province, you're at the mercy of Canada Post's cross-provincial services too. Isn't it fun?

Ugh, three months? Gotta love the postal service. At least you did eventually recieve it. Your words do disturb me, yet are comforting at the same time. I will sit tight and wait for my queen to emerge. I was just hoping she'd get here soon as I recently acquired a collection of imps that are in desperate need of a home.

So, I have a question. I placed my order on 9/5. CCNow said it was shipped on 9/15. It's now 9/25. I am in the States. Will I still receive a CnS notification? Or is that for international buyers only? Should I believe CCnow when it was my order was shipped?

*edit* Sorry! Almost forgot. My credit card was charged on 9/15, which is when CCNow said my order was shipped. I'm also on the East coast, so I do know it'll take a bit longer for my package to get to me. CCNow said it was shipped priority mail, though.

Edited by Fright

So, I have a question. I placed my order on 9/5. CCNow said it was shipped on 9/15. It's now 9/25. I am in the States. Will I still receive a CnS notification? Or is that for international buyers only? Should I believe CCnow when it was my order was shipped?

The notification which you received from CC now means nothing as far as when it was shipped. It's so confusing, but it really just means that CCnow received your order. You will still receive a CnS from the lab when your order ships. Watch the CnS thread to see when people placed their orders and when they are receiving their notifications of shipment.

I checked out the CnS thread. I looks like a few CnS confirmations were sent today, but not much. Also seems like most everyone's waited 14 - 25 days to receiver the CnS confirmation. Today was the 20th day for me. So, hopefully not much longer! I keep trolling my email box.

I checked out the CnS thread. I looks like a few CnS confirmations were sent today, but not much. Also seems like most everyone's waited 14 - 25 days to receiver the CnS confirmation. Today was the 20th day for me. So, hopefully not much longer! I keep trolling my email box.

Just remember that not everyone that gets a CnS posts in that thread! Another good one to watch is the "I got my order" thread - people often list order dates in that as well. :P

ETA: also for what it is worth - the lab homepage currently lists the turn around time -

Please note that all orders, including domestic orders, are currently taking an excess of 14 - 21 business days to process, pack and ship

Edited by Tramp

That was an unusual delay, so don't worry about it being THAT bad, but it can take a few weeks sometimes depending on how fast they feel like workin'. :D Another influence is the fact that packages only cross the border in BC and ON, so if you're in a middle or an eastern province, you're at the mercy of Canada Post's cross-provincial services too. Isn't it fun?

Three months?? :P I've had one held up for one month and was driven completely batty, but three? Yikes! And the longest wait for a BPAL was about 2-2.5 weeks after Customs got a hold of it.

I didn't know that all mail came through BC and ON though. That makes me (sort of) feel better for being in BC.. even if it is the boonies.

Haha yeah. AND it was my Formula 54 order, so I was like, triply worried because once that scent sold out, there wasn't any chance of buying a replacement if customs ate it! SO nerve wracking. But it did arrive, in perfect condition! I was soooo happy. :P

I'm wondering if I should start to worry.

I placed my order (one bottle, one set of 6 imps) on September 15th, and haven't heard anything yet. I've noticed in both the Click'n'Ship and the IGMO threads that turn over times are pretty quick right now. I see that someone with three imp packs who placed their order after I did got them already. I know that international orders go out in batches, so I thought that could be it, but I just saw that a European order placed on the 21st already got a CnS three days ago. :P

I know they're busy at the lab, and I don't want to bug them unduly. But I'm wondering if it's time to contact them and ask what's up?

Edited by stinkerbell

I would wait a little while...sometimes the USPS CnS software is a little wonky, so your order may have shipped already and you just didn't get the notice. Definitely don't go by the US shipped through rate, as domestic mail is SO much quicker, but really, you only ordered three weeks ago...I wouldn't be surprised if it is either about to ship or already out the door. However, if you really are worried, the Lab won't snap at you for inquiring or anything. :P

I would wait a little while...sometimes the USPS CnS software is a little wonky, so your order may have shipped already and you just didn't get the notice. Definitely don't go by the US shipped through rate, as domestic mail is SO much quicker, but really, you only ordered three weeks ago...I wouldn't be surprised if it is either about to ship or already out the door. However, if you really are worried, the Lab won't snap at you for inquiring or anything. :D

Thanks Morrighana! I guess patience is not my strong suite, especially when waiting for yummies from the lab! :P

I've been keeping an eye on CnS and IGMO, and it does seem it's taking a lot longer than other international orders, so I've dropped the folk at the lab a line just to check. Fingers crossed that my yummies are on their way (or will be soon)!

WOOHOO! I finally made my first order, 2 imp packs worth. I'm so excited!

*deep breath*

I ordered it yesterday (Dec. 31). Considering the time of year, would it make a difference on how long it'll take to get to me? I'm going to expect about a month. Does that sound right?

WOOHOO! I finally made my first order, 2 imp packs worth. I'm so excited!

*deep breath*

I ordered it yesterday (Dec. 31). Considering the time of year, would it make a difference on how long it'll take to get to me? I'm going to expect about a month. Does that sound right?

Well, the lab appears to be very caught up with shipping orders quickly, so really it would depend more on the customs at the US border I'd imagine. I'd expect LESS than a month, but I don't know how slow Canadian post is at the moment.

Well, the lab appears to be very caught up with shipping orders quickly, so really it would depend more on the customs at the US border I'd imagine. I'd expect LESS than a month, but I don't know how slow Canadian post is at the moment.

Oh, that gets my hopes up! But, Canada Post is notorious for sending mail all over the flipping country before it reaches it's destination, or maybe that only happens when it's getting sent to *me*. Either way, I'll be waiting. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, if you keep an eye on the packed thread and the Click & Ships thread, you can see when orders placed around the time of yours are marked for shipment. You'll get a notice from the lab when it ships, most likely - but there's been a few incidents lately of people not getting shipping notices.