Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Lustration

Mental, physical and spiritual purification.

:lol: PEZ! That's spot on, fairnymph!

My experience with Lustration seems fairly textbook - lots of citrus & a touch of eucalyptus at first, fading to a honeyed lemon & finishing up with a very sweet candy scent. What no one's mentioned, though, is the brush of sandalwood I'm getting throughout - it's just a trace, fine & white, keeping the citrus very nicely grounded.

Lustration feels very similar to VanVan, minus the funky mystery notes - and it has a similar if somewhat subdued effect. It's cleared my mind & relaxed my chest a bit, and it smells... optimistic. Not giddy or gleeful, but quietly hopeful. I feel like I can relax & just enjoy the day a bit more now. Delightful :wub2: Edited by tartchef

Lemon vix. Yowza!!!

Now it smells like this medicine that my mom used to have when I was little. It was in a glass like tube that you broke on your pillow and it helped you breath at night!

It’s very medicine like, but pleasant in a lemony citrus way. Pretty.

Lemon and eucalyptus, heavy on the lemon. I love lemon, so something this lemony really can't lose. It's a little astringent, though, definitely for aromatherapy and not daily wear.

Herbal, kind of spicy and fruity at the same time, like powdered Tang, or something like that. I'll have to edit if there are any effects to this.

I ordered imps of all of the Panaceas a few months before they ended up being discontinued, but I neglected to review them.

In the imp: Whoa, this oil is viscous. Herbal lemon. This makes me think of cough drops.

Wet: Yep, still getting the lemon cough drop vibe. I am pretty sure one of the herbs in this is sage. There's also a light mint note in this.

Dry: Same. It remains a lemony, herbal cough drop scent.

Verdict: I do not really want to smell like lemon and honey Ricola cough drops, so I would not reach for this one for its scent, but I will continue to keep it around for its purpose, as it does seem to have a somewhat uplifting, soothing quality to it.