Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dry, skeletal woods and moist marsh, dripping with the perfume of bog lilies.

in the bottle: sweet, soft floral and white musk.

wet on skin: same, with a hint of melon peeking in the background (aloe?)

dry down: a sweet softness is maintained.

in all: a vibe similar to Blue Moon, without any water note. this makes me think of falling asleep in an early autumn meadow...that just happens to be in a graveyard.

:P

Sniffed: Pale yellow oil. Slightly sweet, clean, fresh, mossy cologne. Lightly floral, unisex to masculine. The woods are very light but overly dry. A little traditional smelling, in the best possible way.

Wet: A little brighter and sharpy; more woody and astringent. Almost a little powdery, but not yet unpleasantly. A little sweeter and more floral, more unisex. A definite strong aquatic feel, as well as a breezy feel that suggests ozone. Make my rosacea itch a bit.

Dry: It's faded a bit, but remains a light, fresh, clean woody-floral aquatic. Still cologney, but this has become more feminine on my skin. It sort of reminds me of an aquatic version of Dirty, a scent that I LOVE.

Later: Actually, the drydown to me is very much like 51, that smashed light woods and musk, with an aquatic overlay and a hint of (slightly powdery?) floral sweetness from the lilies. I also get a bit of oakmoss, maybe to mimic the marsh?

Summary: Light, slightly dry woods, a fresh cologne feel, oakmoss, and 51-ish musk galore. VERY musky and 'pale', almost ghostly feeling. Unfortunately my skin eats this stuff voraciously and rapidly and it has dismal throw.

:yum:

Got a prototype (Prototype 2) of this thanks to the trunk show! :D I'm a bit nervous. The Dunwich Horror is hands down my favourite Lovecraft story ever, but will this actually work on me?

In the bottle - a clean aquatic. Oh no. I was hoping for something woodier :/ Oh well, it hasn't touched my skin yet, so who knows.

On wet - Still aquatic. Lots of lillies. Oh dear. Exactly the kind of thing that doesn't work on me. Please get better. Please get better. Please get better!

Drydown - Lilies. Nothing but lilies and aquatics. Waugh. No woods. No marsh. No nothing. Just lilies and soap. All this waiting, all this clamouring, for absolutely nothing. Sigh.

ETA: Upon retrying, much more pleasant :D Less florals. More swamp. Thank you :D

Edited by voorishsign