Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Frangipani

Frangipani is definitely a deep, rich floral. I don't remember this scent well enough from life to tell you if Beth's version is exactly the same, but I'd say it's very close.

I feel very much at peace when I sniff this. It's soothing and gentle, which isn't typically what I get out of heavy, heady floral scents.

Very nice.

Frangipani, from Single Notes.

In bottle: Very youthful jasmine. The color I see is baby pink.

On me: Very pretty. Frangipani makes me think of honeysuckle and jasmine while not quite matching either. It also reminds me of lemonade on a sunny porch in the spring, before the weather's turned hot.

EDIT: Merged with existing thread --Shollin

Edited by Shollin

Sometimes I wonder if my frangipani and mimosa imps got mixed up, based on my differences with previous reviews! Frangipani on me came off as a spicy jasmine. In fact, the more it dried, the more it actually started to resemble my beloved Penitence, which I found completely baffling since that blend is frankincense and myrrh. Frangipani rounded into more of a final floral note than an incense note, however. The whole effect is interesting, but I suspect this one will still end up in swap land for me.

Ooh, this smells almost like Anne Bonny! How did that happen? It is a very smooth, almost frankincensy smell, oddly enough, though I know frangipani is the flower plumeria. I can’t get enough of this. Fortunately I can indulge in Anne Bonny after this wears off to keep that wonderful scent going. This is a very strong, rich, woody floral – the floral quality does come out as it dries down but it has a very polished, radiant, wooden glow.

I see above that someone else mentioned it smelled like Penitence at one stage, and since Penitence and Anne Bonny almost smell the same to me, I am relieved to see that I'm not the only one who gets this weird frankincensey vibe from this!

Woody and incensy. I guet an "Anne Bonny" smell.

Not as dryas sandalwood but not as fresh as pure incense.

Blanced and intriguing. Serene.

It's interesting how varied the reviews for this singlenote have been. I was kind of hoping that this would smell incensey on me, but it's more of a buttery floral (smooth, light, kinda creamy, and warm). It reminds me a bit of jasmine, but softer...

In the drydown, this goes verrry powdery on me. If there were a jasmine scented baby powder, that's what frangipani smells like on me.