Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Neroli

Neroli is sometimes called orange blossom, and it's a creamy, almost buttery white floral. It doesn't smell like oranges to me, although it has the faintest hint of something creamsicle, and it's a sweet white floral that's a lush perfumery note. It's in a lot of "heady" commercial scents.

This is another scent Beth's using that's remarkably like the real thing. Any differences there might be to the actual orange blossom are very subtle, and the fact that this has that limpid, buttery tone to it is beautiful and impressive.

Edited by Shollin

i don't really get the "citrus" smell form this, it is a heady floral though. and it seems that yes the smell is that of walking through a perfume section at the mall

Bottle (Imp): Not a bitter scent, but a tinge of bitter somehow, without being bitter. Yeah, I speek gud englush.

Just On: It's a dry scent.

An hour or two later: I like it, but I can't really describe it.

Around 6 hours: It's still pretty nice. Not that that is a good descriptor, but it's about all I can say.

12 hours: It's pretty well gone, just a hint of the not bitter bitterness.

Overall: I like it, it's interesting.

After reading other reviews: I don't think this is all that perfumey.

First sniff: Happy for SAD! This is the bitter citrus note in Lush’s purple shower gel.

Wearing: It’s quite bitter, but somehow without being sharp. As it dries it shifts into more of a quiet floral and gets quite a bit more perfume-y, though not in a bad way. The end stage is lovely, soft and sweet and floral.

I thought that Neroli was the orange hard candy-ish scent that I get from a few blends... but apparently I was wrong. This single note doesn't smell like oranges to me at all, and it's incredibly subtle and fades quickly on my skin. Maybe I've never picked out the Neroli in blends before, because it's so light on me :P

On me, this is a combination of a bitter citrus note and a perfumey white floral. This would give me a vicious headache if it weren't so subtle. As it is, this only lasted about 15 minutes on my skin. It was oddly bitter, dry citrus on me while it lasted... kind of reminding me more of grapefruit than orange.

Origin: Tester bought off eBay

Initial Thoughts: Like many others, I had equated neroli with citrus. I don't remember what blend or blends scared me away from neroli, but since it was part of a pack, I will test it and see exactly what it is.

In the Vial: Wow...that's...that's...nothing like I expected. It's a lovely spring/summery floral with a spicy bite to it. Almost makes me think of carnation with a light citrus tinge.

Wet: Not much morph yet...a pretty floral with some sass to it.

Drydown: The spice takes a musky turn, a lot like the way most dark musks will amp on me and drown out the other notes. It's almost to the point of being like Mama-Ji on me, a very spicy blend with a floral foundation.

Verdict: Very curious. I need to go looking through my reviews and see what it was that scared me away from neroli. If it's part of an otherwise musk-free blend, it might be all right. But this amping action alongside other ampers would probably kill a blend on me.