Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Hazelnut

I don't know that I've ever sniffed a hazelnut before, but this is indeed a faintly tangy scent. It's sweet, though, and kind of beige to my nose; it definitely develops into a soft, coffee-that's-mostly-cream sweet and satiny feel.

It doesn't smell like anything else I can think of for comparison; it's not nutty, and it's not fruity, but it's distinct. Almost tropically perfume-y in a not quite crushed nut hull sort of way. This is very much a unique note.

Not something I'd wear alone, but I do recognize the tang hidden in my Imp of Gluttony, which I got out for comparison (and really had to sniff to find). Would be nice for those who prefer soft, sweet, and distinctively different deliciousness.

First sniff: If I didn’t know what this was, I never would have sniffed it and thought “Hazelnuts!” but it’s very true despite that. Hazelnuts have sort of an indescribable scent, more woody than nutty, with no sweetness at all (at least to my nose), and that’s what this is.

Wearing: The same warm dark-wood scent as in the vial, very subtle on my skin – it definitely doesn’t shout, and there’s almost no aura at all. This might be nice in a lotion. I had a “toasted hazelnut” lotion from B&BW for a while, and this is a much truer version of that scent, without the sugariness B&BW threw in. Strangely, I sniffed it after about half an hour, and it reminded me very strongly of my grandfather. I can’t imagine why – if he’d smoked a pipe that would make sense, as it does remind me a bit of pipesmoke, but no.

In bottle: When I think of hazelnuts, I think of Nutella, so that's what I was anticipating when I opened this up. To my surprise it smelled nothing of Nutella, and more of a very sweet wood.

On me: Very faint; it blends into my skin almost instantly. I can't really smell anything except a very delicate sweet note that seems almost musky. It's almost what I would think of as a 'naked' perfume - something you wear when you don't want anyone to think you're wearing perfume but you still want to smell good. Creamy and light are the two words I can think of to describe this.

Oddly astringent and sorta woody-nutty :P Not really a SN to be worn by itself, methinks, although it might go well layered with Velvet.

I am actually rather fond of Hazelnut singlenote. I've almost gone through an entire imp of this one, wearing it by itself.

I agree with other reviews that have said this smells a bit wooden. It reminds me of creamy coffee, woods, and brown sugar. The staying power is pretty good, but it's a very light scent with not a lot of throw. It's a comforting 'me' scent though :P. Warm and wooden.

BPALHazelnutSN.gif

BPAl blends which use Hazelnut as one of it's ingredients: Black Pearl, Gluttony, Hellcat, Pumpkin Patch 2.

In the bottle

This is a clear blend. Wow, I don't know why I' surprised but it's really nutty smelling.

On

Oh it has lovely throw. Warm and foody and slightly sweet.

30 minutes

Upon drying it takes on almost a burnt sugar/caramel smell.

Gosh I'd swear Sugar Skull has hazelnut in it from the smell of this.

Throw:

Yes

Scent category:

Foody

Summary

It's better one me wet than dry as it get's a bit too darkened smelling for me. Also it's papery/woody smelling, like toasted coconut was to me.

Purchase again?

Yes.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Hazelnut

Soft and barely sweet with a hint of fruitiness. This isn't terribly nutty, nor does it smell like the sweet buttery scent one would get from hazelnut coffee, which is the scent I most associate with hazelnut. This is much lighter and quite fresh smelling with a hint of toasted nut to it.