Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rice milk, hay absolute, Oolong tea, honey dust, champaca, frankincense smoke, golden sandalwood, and heliotrope.

Edited by Jenjin

Test today:

Wet. heliotrope STOMP & powdery hint of honey

Dry down... heliotrope champaca  sandalwood 

This has that soapy champaca vibe.  reminds me of Sam + heliotrope.

Close throw. heliotrope, champaca & sandalwood vibe.  Hay, frank, honey dust, and tea are very minor players. This one might need to age a little

i get a lot of tea and something sort of oddly smoky and almost savory. maybe a combination of hay and frankincense smoke (?) or the rice milk is reading more like rice itself. my skin chemistry can do some weird stuff at times and that seems to be the case here. after awhile, that aspect dissipates a bit and i am getting more of a honeyed tea with champaca. it becomes a lot more floral over time, but it's not very sweet. i don't get much heliotrope here until way later. there is a clarity from the tea and it primarily becomes a pretty tea scent with a hint of smokiness, then gets creamier from heliotrope deep into the drydown and by that time it's almost gone.

Edited by theseagrows

So bummed about this one.  I get Glad plug-in, and I am not sure what's to blame for this.  There's something fresh under the sweet honey dust note that reads as glade's "air" accord that sits like a band between what smells a bit like hay/lighter honey and the heavier champaca and sandalwood that just does not work on my skin, sadly.  On the right person, this would be a lovely, odd atmospheric.  On me it's a bathroom deodorizer (womp womp).

I agree with Brianna Gemini's review so maybe it's the heliotrope that's making this wonky.

I’ve had a really different experience with this one! On me it’s a beautiful, soft, golden glow, sweetened by the honey dust and made almost savory by the chewy rice milk. The hay and oolong lend a mellow earthiness that is distinctly dry, but not sharp or peppery. I’m not really clocking heliotrope and it doesn’t read as particularly floral to me. It’s a cozy golden hour scent, with the champaca, frankincense and sandalwood blending into a gentle incense that weaves in and out among the other notes, keeping the gourmand vibes at bay. I would recommend it to fans of the vanilla husk/nutmeg/hay absolute trio from a couple of years ago!