Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Cypress, immortelle, and white amber enveloping red spider lily petals,
dragon’s blood resin, and black plum.

Edited by Jenjin

A single, spectral bloom tucked amidst the cypress trees; rainwater which has caught the reflection of the moon; the shimmering peal of a cracked bell at the 13th hour--

I'm trying this directly out of the mail, so impressions are subject to change.

In the vial, I get a whiff of straight up sweet, cherry-like dragon's blood. This changes immediately to become cypress-dominant (fortunately it's piney cypress instead of cat pee cypress, if you know you know) upon application and gradually balances out as the perfume dries. Over time, the cypress becomes fruitier and fruitier and a backdrop of chrysanthemum develops.

I recognize this chrysanthemum from Calavera Catrina. Chrysanthemum isn't in the notes list but it's what I'm detecting - maybe the immortelle note is similar.

What remains after everything seems to have settled down is a sizable cloud of purple fruit mist, slightly embittered by chrysanthemums. "Cloud" because it seems to have a relatively large throw but isn't overpowering.

I suspect this may have a very different progression on different people, but for me it was 100% dragon's blood in decant vial - 100% cypress immediately after applying to skin - cypress and plums as it dries - cypress, plums, and chrysanthemums later as it dries - plums and chrysanthemums - amber?

Verdict: Neat! Not really "me," but an enjoyable experience nonetheless.

Lily notes tend to amp on me (fortunately I love them), and this is no exception! The red spider lily note is a creamy, sweet, spicy, juicy lily that really speaks to my favorite sort of lily notes. This is the leading note of the scent from the moment my skin gets involved.

In roughly equal prominence behind the beautiful lily note are a tangy, juicy plum, currently being sliced and dripping juices, along with a bright, sharp, resinous dragon's blood. They balance out the different elements of the lily well.

The cypress and immortelle (and maybe the amber, but I'm not really finding the amber of its own accord) are faint and quiet in the background, but they create an ambiance of an evergreen forest with a stream and flowers blooming along its banks.

I love the balance of this on my skin, and it really blooms from the scent in the bottle.

Edited by ShadowEtienne