Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Ruby Chocolate, Blackcurrant, and Pomegranate

I wasn't really allowed to eat sugary cereals as a kid, but in the bottle, this makes me think of a big bowl of chocolatey cereal (Cocoa Pebbles maybe)?

On the skin, the other two notes come out a bit more and add a pleasant tartness.

It's a pretty linear scent and it lasts forever.... I was still catching whiffs of it twelve hours later. 

Love it!

An almost resiny blackcurrant and pomegranate scent. Blackcurrant is just slightly stronger than the pomegranate on me. The two combine to make a berry dominated almost fruit wine scent. The blackcurrant is more forward, while the pomegranate dominates the background of the scent, giving the scent a tart, almost resin fruit quality to it. The ruby chocolate does not register as such to me. More, it adds to the berry note, while being made a much more earthy cacao bean note by the pomegranate. Overall, a deep berry and pomegranate scent, with a resiny chocolate depth to it.

I was hoping for jammy, sweet black currant and juicy pomegranate, but this has a very dry, tart, slightly sour interpretation of those notes. There's also an undertone that smells exactly like chalk dust. After a while, a clean, perfumey, white musky smell joins the mix and enhances that bone dry quality. I find this to be more musky and less creamy and sweet when compared to the ruby chocolate in Millennial Pink.

Tart, sour, dried fruit, chalk dust, and an impression of sharp, dry white musk with a barely there hint of chocolate. Lasts about 3 hours.