Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

No jokes here: who wouldn’t love a heart-shaped hot tub?
A bubbling vat of red musk, sweet red wine, benzoin, red oudh, and lush magnolia.

There's absolutely nothing about this list of notes that suggests I would find it enticing. And the Hair Gloss iteration of this scent was so MUCH TOO MUCH that I don't think I even tried it on. However, tonight I was playing the fun game of just grabbing bottles and blind smelling, and this one demanded a skin test. I would have guessed some kind of deep, resinous cherry or pomegranate (perhaps because I knew French Tickler was somewhere on this shelf). I didn't track anything especially floral in the bottle.

I tend to avoid wine scents, but here we are. That was the fruit I was catching, and the red musk has really worked it into a dark lather. Truly just a breath of magnolia hanging in the air around it, incredibly apt for the scent concept. It's not "soapy" and it doesn't smell like bathwater or bubble bath, more like an environment that sets the stage for both cleanliness AND filth. It kind of alternates between hard and soft, gauzy and gleaming, romantic and pervy. As that rich redness gradually calms down, I can appreciate the more refined contributions of oudh, benzoin, and magnolia, but... it's all still very impure. We all know that tub is gonna see some action. In my imagination, the heart-shaped hot tub itself is in the center of the room, with everything else built around it. The scent is constructed accordingly.

In short: is it possible for a scent to give both fancy hotel vibes AND sleazy hotel vibes? That's what I found here. And I guess I like wine now!

I'm always up for a grape scent, and I love this!  It's going to replace Drops of Amontillado for me, because that was a lil freebie and I've only got 14 imps that I've hoarded.🙃  I can't slather it with wild abandon because ONLY 14 IMPS.  But you, Heart-Shaped Hot Tub, will fulfill my grape fantasies. ❤️ 

I really love the combination of red musk and grape here, especially combined with the soft creaminess of magnolia (I can't specifically smell the magnolia under the RED gloriousness of this, but I do get the creamy element of the flower). I can't pick out the benzoin or oudh specifically, but there's no "stank" to the oudh.

This reminds me of the younger sister of The Elephant is Slow to Mate, which was my first BPAL red musk love. I'm really enjoying this, and I'll need to do a comparison soon.