Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Spiked for your pleasure: protrusions of pomegranate and pink peppercorn.

In the bottle: Same pomegranate note as the one in Pomegranate Ink that I think smells like powdered fruit punch, but its somehow both sweeter and more tart smelling. It’s not candy sweet at all, but there is something there that reminds me of Sweet Tarts candy. 

On the skin: This is gorgeous. The pomegranate is bright and punchy, but not too sweet at all. Its juicy and delicious. I can’t smell the peppercorn specifically, but I feel like its contributing to the brightness and crispness and preventing this from being too sweet. If something like Pomegranate Ink is Persephone in the underworld, this is Persephone as she returns to the surface and life springs from the ground around her. This is going to be wonderful for spring and summer when the weather is hot.

I smelled this immediately following Edible Panties -- comparable in terms of red fruit and pink pepper, but WHOOSH what a difference that pom makes. Almost concerningly dark! Who hurt you, pomegranate? You get a sense of candied sweetness and spice around the edges trying to liven things up, but there's no avoiding the deep burgundy abyss at the center.

I agree that it's reminiscent of Pomegranate Ink! But with a more playful twist instead of doubling down on the inky darkness. The depth of it seems quite secretive and personal compared to a ribald Edible Panties adventure. French Tickler is more of a special occasion lover: recesses are plumbed, real feelings are felt. Grows more serious as it dries out, but never quite loses that juicy tartness. Almost a blackberry? Divine. Candy is dandy, but this is some ADULT FRUIT.

I agree with the reviews above, and to me, this is Pomegranate Ink once she puts down her quill and goes out for a night on the town. I adore the combination of pomegranate and pink peppercorn and will most likely FS this one!

Yum. I'm terrible at picking out specific notes usually, but the pomegranate is juicy and a great mix of sweet and tart. It's almost like blending a slightly unripe peach with a maraschino cherry. I'm not able to pick out peppercorn but maybe it's mellowing the sweetness a bit? It's definitely a smell-yourself-repeatedly-coz-damn-that's-good scent. Makes me want to slather it all over.