Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

On my skin, Traum is all about the lavender. I've brought a few lavender blends recently and to me this is the most lavender forward of them all. After it has settled into my skin I get a hint of frankincense and cacao but they are background notes to the lavender. This strikes me as a scent I'd wear on quiet evenings when perhaps I was feeling stressed. Its quite a calming scent. On me it has alot of throw and staying power 

This smelled so scary in the bottle, I've been working up the courage to test it.

🫣

It smelled awful for a bit, then it reminded me of two very different oils in different ways: Totality and Gaueko. I love them both. I get the frankincense from Totality and the lavender from Gaueko but I like Totality and Gaueko much better than Traum. Dried down to Gaueko + frankincense on me, which is fine but not what I had expected. Nothing special here.

I have tried Gaueko twice, once early on in my BPAL journey, and once a few years ago when I was given a decant of it. I thought Traum reminded me of that, but could not confirm since I no longer have any imps of it. So I am glad to that HerbGirl mentioned it in her review, because that means I wasn't off the mark for thinking of it!

Traum is a smoky, incense-y lavender scent on me. The smokiness is somewhat acrid at first, before it turns becomes more incense-y. I get zero cacao from this, sadly, which I was really hoping for -- maybe my skin ran away with the smoke and incense notes, because there's no distinct cacao adding any sweetness or smoothing these notes over. The labdanum here is not the flat cola variety, so I wouldn't be wary of this scent because of that... but if you're like me and you don't like Gaueko and your skin does bad things with smoke notes, this may not be the lavender for you.

I'll be destashing my decant.