Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Champagne and Croquet

A very difficult game indeed:
pink champagne, pink lime, pink grapefruit, wild rose, yellow bergamot,
purple sage, nectarine skins, a thump of patchouli, and ornery hedgehog musk.

Wet: a metallic champagne and fancy tropical soap.

On the right person, I think this could be a fun, effervescent tropical scent.

On me it's a candle.

I tested this twice. The first time, I tested it alongside an aged imp of Croquet, and I preferred this champagne variant. It was mostly fizzy champagne and nectarine, swirled with some citrus on me, with the musk only coming out several hours later, and I wasn't able to detect the patchouli. Meanwhile, the imp of Croquet was very musk-forward throughout wear on me, and I did get the patchouli in that, and far less nectarine and citrus. (But it is an aged imp, after all, and citrus notes don't tend to hold up as well with age.) 

The second time I tested this, I had a much worse experience, but I had just gotten over having COVID. It smelled like tomato soup and fizz on me. Some scents do go wonky in that way on me, so I'm not sure if that second skin test was skin chemistry-related or COVID-nose related. Needless to say, I vastly preferred my first test of the scent.

I don't need more of this, but I will likely have to test this for a third time to see if the decant is a keeper. I preferred the first test to the GC scent, but of course, I don't want to smell like fizzy tomato soup, if the second test wasn't a fluke. :P