Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Juniper Berry, Pine Needle, and Hemp

The scent starts out dusty and woody. In my sample the Pine smells like Cedar in that it's a bit sour and pencil shavings-y. Juniper is a bright, clean note cutting through. Not sure what Hemp smells like.

On the dry down, this becomes Tibetan incense, but sweeter. Very college town head shop nostalgia. Up close, it's incense. The throw, however, is dusty woods 😕

Edited for the correct woods.

Edited by surlygurl

The pine is most prominent when freshly applied, backed by the juniper berry, with the hemp in the background. But the pine quickly calms down, and the juniper berry and hemp come forward... with the hemp eventually becoming the dominant note on me. The juniper berry adds a fresh, clean aspect to the scent, while the hemp has this sort of sexy incense-y quality on me. I disliked the leather and hemp combo of Rogue, but love Revenant Rhythm, which I always thought was mostly about the black patch and than swoon-worthy vanilla, but maybe the hemp in it was adding to a lot of that swoon-worthiness, and I'm only just realizing it now.

Although I was hoping this would be more pine-forward, this was still a really pleasant surprise, and I'm debating whether a decant will be enough.

This ended up being a very strong wood scent on me. The hemp and the pine needle combine to smell more like fresh lumber. It's still noticeably pine-y and fresh, but I was hoping for more a pine needle, as opposed to pine wood scent. I also can't pick out the juniper berry note.