Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Myrrh, Papyrus Reed, and Benzoin

myrrh is the prominent note, forming a soft and familiar base. I don't think I have anything else with papyrus in it, but I'm getting a sense of the reed aspect of the note here, and it perches on top of the resins. as with most oils the scent evolves differently on exposed skin - my wrist is giving me a nice warm vanillic benzoin, but the crook of my elbow is where the papyrus is most apparent. not sure I would call it papery at all unless someone told me it was supposed to be papyrus, but with that word in my head it does seem to fit. 

A Priala type myrrh - deep red, smoldering, slightly spicy, heavy, and satisfying.  I think the papyrus is adding to the woody, spicy, earthy tones of the myrrh. 
The benzoin gives it a good dose of powdery vanilla sweetness after about 20 minutes. 
I usually don't love benzoin, but it pairs really nicely with the myrrh and cypriol, adding a softness and delicate, warm, vanilla powdery sweetness to the whole blend that makes it easier to wear and more crowd pleasing.

I've asked myself if I really needed all of the myrrh menage blends that have been available lately and the answer is yes, yes I do.