Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Galbanum, Ti Leaf, and Balsam

I loooooooooove galbanum so I was quite excited for this trio! Unfortunately, none of it really jived with me. It opens with a bundle of dried grass with a cabinet-y musk and dried down to a soft aquatic note😭 This is my first time trying BPAL's galbanum and balsam notes so not sure if that's how they typically smell

I am not sure how to describe what I'm smelling (and full disclosure, I don't know galbanum or balsam very well).  On me it's kind of springy and plant-like, and for the first 20-30 minutes I swear there's a phantom floral note just peeking around the edges, but I can't really say which flower exactly?  Something white.  Also I felt this is what I wanted the Petrichor trio to smell like, but that one is heavier on me like big drops of rain.  This seems more delicate. 

But later the phantom flower disappears and it's more like a fresh green mountain breeze kind of scent.  It's still light and almost makes me think of a green tea perfume.  I do recognize the ti leaf from Ti Leaf & Champaca Petals but this smells softer and less perfumey to me.  This smells "matte" to me if that makes sense to anyone, lol. 

I am not sure if I can pick out the balsam, it's not really standing out to me here.  Maybe a little woodsy tang in the later stages..but it would be like a blonde wood sap kind of note. 

I'm seriously considering a full bottle of this because it would be a great unusual scent for spring.  I haven't quite figured out if I love it or if it's just more of a weird fascination thing.