Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Ferdinando Noulian

Lustrous white eyes hovering like lanternlight: silvered musk, iris absolute, Indian sandalwood, black tea, bergamot, snowdrop, and dried fig.

The first half hour of this is so lovely on me, making me think of the sweet bubble bath that I had as a child and clean pools of beautiful, chilled water.  Then it starts to shift on me and it makes me so sad, because it turns into a sharp, dewy, slightly green, springtime white floral (more snowdrop than iris) and dry, powdery sandalwood.  I love the watery opening, but the drydown is like the water has dried up and disappeared.  Conceptually, I do think it fits its artwork, though.  Like it starts off with the cool, clean fountain pool and then you notice the owls and flurry of dry, slightly powdery smelling wings.  Then snowdrops.  So much snowdrops.

This is a silver musk and iris duo on me. It's pleasant and almost sharp, though I was hoping for some of the other notes to shine through. Definitely an iris scent.

Overall impression: A high-pitched, silvery-white scent. The iris and silver musk (which seems very close to white musk on my skin) dominate, with a bit of added astringency from the tea. If I put my nose right on my wrist, I can pick up a trace of what must be the fig and maybe a hint of the sandalwood, but the throw is overwhelmingly "fancy white soap."