Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Vintage Candy Garland Blow Mold

This tangled string of hollow plastic sweets is sure to conjure childlike fantasies of cartoonish opulence!
An enticing swirl of multi-hued fruit and mint flavors, illuminated from behind by twinkling amber tree lights.

Edited by Jenjin

I close my eyes, and I can smell a bobbled milk glass dish of vintage seasonal candies just like this, a kaleidoscope of cellophane dreams: chocolate raspberry spun-sugar swirls, pearlescent limes like sugared gumdrops, the sharp green kiss of peppermint spirals, a gateway to a childhood Candyland where plastic reigned supreme and sugar was the currency of dreams– fantastically melting Technicolor hues forever preserved in the honeyed amber glow of nostalgia. As a matter of fact, as hyperreal as this perfume is, it also has an element of the surreal, like art-witch besties Leonora Carrington and Remedios Varo challenged each other to bring their own singular vision of this candy dreamscape to the canvas, hallucinatory worlds of spun sugar and starlight, the delicious chaos that erupts when two magic-wielding artists collaborate.

This was my worst scent experience from this year's Yule update, until I tried Carrotberry Pie... now it is the second worst (but I've still got a few more Yules to test).

I was very surprised to get CHOCOLATE from this at first, because it is not one of the listed notes in this candy scent. At first, I think it's the chocolate and nougat from Mousetrap Nougat Bar, but then it morphs into a tootsie roll. I couldn't help but thinking, surely this is a cherry note that is just giving me tootsie pop vibes, right? Right??? Naw, there's some chocolate in here. And tons of plastic. TONS. Like, more plastic than any of the other blow mold scents that I've tried, and I've tried all of them from both the Weenies and the Yules except for the Wise Man. The plastic in this is so strong that it's headache-inducing to me. I don't get any distinct mint, and as for the fruit, it's really hard to pick it out beneath the tootsie roll and the plastic, but I think I got hints of cherry, strawberry, and orange.

Alas, Vintage Candy Garland Blow Mold is decidedly not for me, but I'll be stalking reviews to see if anyone else had a similar experience, or if I am alone in my unexpected chocolate and plastic of doom fate.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Smells like a catch all candy bowl on me. I get the various fruit candies, and the after dinner mints are there too. I also get a hint of chocolate candies, more milk chocolate ones with candy coating. I don't get the amber so much as it smells like the candy bowl got left too close to something that gives off heat and they've all started melting together. It makes this candy/halloween haul potpourri. I can pick out the various notes but they all come together without being overwhelming.